heyyyyyyyy maaaaaaaaaaan, slow down.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
The Tourist.

a gem of a closer to one of the greatest albums of the 90s!

The Floyd inspiration is clear on this one but it does have it's own identity. Typical laid back Rhead tune like No Surprises or You And Whose Army.

... idiot, slow down?

... slow down my beating heart?

Vaguely similar in the lyrics dept. but this one is miiiiiiiiles ahead.

i love love LOVE this song!

airbag/the tourist is one of the greatest album bookends ever.

the final *ding* of the triangle: godlike

given the recent speight of Radiohead threads, please can we limit it to less than one-per-RH-song?

And I don't really like this one, especially after the closer on the album preceding it :wink: Actually, I probably prefer Blow Out too.

RA-D said:
given the recent speight of Radiohead threads, please can we limit it to less than one-per-RH-song?
indeed. and i LOVE radiohead and ok computer and the tourist.

i just don't think it's necessary for people to start a new thread for every little thought that pops into their head.

Loved it the first time I heard it, but it took ages for me to suddenly hear 'IT' in the song, one time I was just listening and at the chorus it just sounded that little bit better! Awesome stuff.

Where exactly from Jersey are you from?

I probably asked before, but I can't quite remember.

AAaaaanyway. The tourist. Probably my third favorite song on OK Computer. I'd still call it an average Radiohead tune though, if I consider The Gloaming to be the absolute worst Radiohead song ever and True Love Waits to be the absolute best. Then yeah, it's about average.

AcrobatMan said:
when I come to New Jersey some day, we will meet...have a drink

and listen to this song...what do you say :wink:

Absolutely! :wink:
...and Nice Dream also. :drool:

Lancemc, I just recently moved up here to Morristown. Lived in New Brunswick before that. How about you?

And I don't understand what's wrong with making a thread about a song or album you're currently listening to and enjoying! Agreed that there are tons of Radiohead threads in the band index. But sometimes you want to share something you're experiencing in your own words and not ditto an existing thread. :shrug:

Hoodlem said:
"The Tourist" is great for singing at the top of your lungs while driving.

:lol: So true!!! I seem to be doing it on an almost daily basis!

Hey lance, met any Interlander Joisey-ites yet? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom