hey! that's MY space!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
ok...i work at old navy, thus dealing with the mass public on a daily basis. when i ask a customer if they need anything, i give them about 3 feet of space (as much as i can really). this, i believe, is the personal space bubble. but today...i had an old man (prolly in his 50s...but really creepy and stinky...so this was pleasant) who would stand nothing more than 6 inches from me. even when i clearly took a LARGE step backward to distance myself from him, he kept coming closer to me...*shudder*

:mad: i HATE when people invade my personal space! :mad: it's even worse when people decide they can touch me...DON'T TOUCH ME!! :mad:

moral: don't be a close-talker.

I love that I work behind a counter at the drug store I work at. I don't have to go up to people at all, and if they try to be a close talker I always have that counter to stop them.

I feel for you.......people suck.

Speaking of private spaces, Lilly, you suddenly appeared in my 'Buddy List' at interference, which is odd, since I have not added anyone to my list.

foray

foray said:
Speaking of private spaces, Lilly, you suddenly appeared in my 'Buddy List' at interference, which is odd, since I have not added anyone to my list.

foray

are you saying you don't want me on your buddy list? *cry*

i don't know how i got on there...i don't have anyone on mine either. maybe you accidentally hit "buddy" or something. *backs up outta foray's personal space*

Interestingly enough, its a known fact that the American Culture has a much bigger "bubble" than most other cultures. I learned in my 4 Years of Spanish that in Mexico(& other Latino cultures) their bubble is about 12 inches, while ours is approxamitely 3 feet. And I had many foreign exchange students as friends (some from Brazil, one from Columbia, and one from Mexico) and they all were SOO up in my face when theyd talk! And apparently its kind of offensiveto them if you back away from them.......Maybe he used to live in Mexico!!!

Add that to your abyss of useless knowledge, Lilly!

Back
Top Bottom