Hey people who know stuff about vcrs/dvd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
okay so here is the problem I hooked up my VCR to my DVD player, so that way I don't have to keep switching the wires when I want to use my dvd or my vcr....I hooked the dvd into the vcr and the vcr into the tv, however, here is the strange thing... when I play a dvd the color goes all funny....it's like it washes out red and then it goes normal and it does this over and over. Is it my VCR, which happens to be a million years old, or is it some funny thing with the dvd player. They both work fine independant of each other, it's just together it gets flakey.

:help:

and yes, I tried using a different wire from the vcr to the tv...so I know it's not the wire.

Same thing happened to me. You have to buy a RF modulator and hook them up through there.
You can get them at Best Buy, Radio Shack etc.

The flashing red thing is Macrovision, which is activated anytime you put your DVD player through anything except the television. In other words, if you can get it through your VCR, you could theoretically copy the DVD on a VHS recorder, and the movie industry doesn't want that. Hence, the invention of Macrovision, which is encoded on most DVD discs.

Let's all give three cheers to big business and their big fat pain in the ass. :madspit:

Melon

I almost started a similar thread!

I went to watch a DVD tonight... picture is fine, everything else was fine... I just have no audio! I went through all the settings and troubleshooting...with no luck. I played with all my TV volumes as well. Highly frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

She ls Raging said:
I almost started a similar thread!

I went to watch a DVD tonight... picture is fine, everything else was fine... I just have no audio! I went through all the settings and troubleshooting...with no luck. I played with all my TV volumes as well. Highly frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

That's weird. You have the video and audio plugs plugged in the right slots I presume?

in case you need to know, since some plugs aren't colour corded:

yellow: video
white: left audio
red: right audio

if it's a mono tv, you use the yellow and red plugs only.

Yeah.... I used it the day before , didnt touch anything and now I have no audio :( I checked to make sure that nothing was loose or anything either. I dont get it!

I'm bummer too because my Heat Miser DVD came in the mail today and I want to watch it! :scream:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom