Hey Mofo!!! This One's For You: Stream The New Cure Album HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheesh, it's sad I didnt see this thread earlier today!!!

I'm rocking out to it right now, thanks for the link HOS :up:

In sad Cure related news, looks like Muse wont be playing here in SLC at Curiosa :(

Yeah, I officially like it. (I'm sure you're all so surprised) :wink:

Cant wait to finally hear it in high definition next week :up:

By the way: Anniversary = :drool:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
Yeah, I officially like it. (I'm sure you're all so surprised) :wink:

Cant wait to finally hear it in high definition next week :up:

By the way: Anniversary = :drool:

i concur!

anniversary & us & them = :drool:

I don't know, the production seems a bit dull. Comparing the production of this new album to the production of Bloodflowers, which was almost perfect(although the songs weren't), it does seem like a disappointment. Labyrinth has a killer bass, though.

This is one band whose best work is way behind them. I can remember a time when The Cure was right up there on my list of favorite bands. I believe this is "two crap albums" in a row. time to hang it up.

Why all the Bloodflowers bashing? I don't see much wrong with it. Granted, it's not as good as some of their other work, but it was quite an improvement over Wild Mood Swings.

alia612 said:
Why all the Bloodflowers bashing? I don't see much wrong with it. Granted, it's not as good as some of their other work, but it was quite an improvement over Wild Mood Swings.

Agreed, I absolutely loved it when it came out. Crap, it had a Grammy nomination even. I understand people not personally liking it, but it was by no means a bad album.

Robert Smith made an awesome comment about the new ablum, something to the effect of, "If you dont like this, you dont like The Cure." I can see where he was coming from after listening to it.

Last edited:
I've listened to it and I'm going to buy it this afternoon. It seems to be in stores today in Europe and there's a bonus DVD involved!! :hyper:

Bloodflowers was a great album. 39, Bloodflowers, Watching Me Fall, Maybe Someday...all great songs. There were fillers, unfortunantely, but it was one of the best Cure efforts in a long time.

Rollingstone's review of the new album is here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album?id=6187623&pageid=rs.Artistcage&pageregion=triple1

4 Stars

The Cure's robert smith is a love cat with nine lives. He's the groovy big sister you always wished you had, a swirl of big, sticky hair and lipstick and New Wave angst. He still reigns as the coolest lesbian rock star of all time, even if he's technically a straight guy. The Cure are on a roll these days, and the new album is their most adventurous and passionate since Disintegration. "Before Three," "Lost" and "(I Don't Know What's Going) On . . ." are jaw-droppingly great hymns to romantic obsession -- the Cure's specialty. The first big surprise on The Cure is how loud and resonant the guitars are, with no neo-Eighties keyboards at all. The next big surprise is Smith's huge vocals -- he sounded wispy on the erratic Bloodflowers (2000), but he emotes live and direct here. People tend to associate Smith with adolescent gloom, but he's always sung smart adult love songs -- "The Lovecats," "Just Like Heaven" -- and he hits one of his all-time romantic peaks here, wailing the twisted devotion of "Before Three": "Whispering dreams, so fucked and high/It's hard to hold this night inside." It's the grooviest thing, it's a perfect dream. rob Sheffield

ROB SHEFFIELD
(Posted Jul 08, 2004)

Hey, thanks for that link--they mentioned it in the RS article but didn't give an address. I'd been wanting to read that.

Back
Top Bottom