Hey, Madonna's Child.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I was watchin Madonna's Girlie Show like 6 times over the weekend and was just curious, as ur a fan as well, which is your favvy concert of hers????????

She is one heck of a brilliant entertainer, and I can always feel the passion that the dancers exude and give to her fans as well...
biggrin.gif

so, which is???

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And, have u been to one?

wink.gif

No, I've never been to a show.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
I was ready to sell a kidney last summer so I could go see the Drowned World Tour. But, alas, my controlling parents thought I might NEED that kidney.

My favorite Madonna show is probably Blonde Ambition. IMO, it has it together the most. It has a good stage set, great costumes, great choreography, and it features songs from my favorite Madonna era. The Girlie Show is a great show, too.
smile.gif

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Hell yeah Girlie Show is the greatest!!!!!!

Unfort I ask myself which one I luv the most and get completely stuck as I love each one equally.....to me the three highlights of:

Ambition Tour -
Madonna singing Like A Prayer
Madonna singing Cherish, AND playing that harp!!!
The encore with Holiday and Vogue - definate fuk-buzz!

The Girlie Tour -
Madonna singing Rain and then the dancers comin on after with the umbrellas, always makes me wanna cry watching the clown's face...
Madonna singing Express Yourself to the hype-the-crowd-up beginning as she comes down on the mirrorball
Madonna singing Bye-Bye Baby with those feline dancers

(coming in close behind that is when a few dancers dance to some verses shes chanting, in front of a huge net?)

biggrin.gif

and from Drowned World:

Madonna singing Dont Tell Me!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Madonna singing Candy Girl
Madonna singing in Spanish 'What It Feels Like For'

Of course we are so spoilt for choice like!!!!!

smile.gif

I saw the Drowned world tour, Brilliant!! I'm a HUGE Madonna fan, I thought it was great that she did some of her older songs like Holiday and La Isla Bonita. I think DWT was the most creative I've seen of Mo.

Blond Ambition tour was incredible. I'm not even that big of a fan, but I love watching that video. "Like A Prayer" and the closing number "Keep it Together" I thought were brilliant. Love all the Bob Fosse-inspired choreography.

I thoroughly disliked Drowned World--seemed cold, dark and self-conscious, lacking the passion and playfulness of "Blond Amibiton." "Don't Tell Me" was good, though.

ok, ok, Madonna is cool, and we all like her. but she got a little careless lately... to play the elite because she was like "oh i will only play at little clubs right"... the last tour. and in fact, to 99% of the people it was only hype.

she is a great dancer. very very fast and professional in controlling a show. prof in controlling everything. what i didn?t like was that her record company kept alanis for so long without putting anything out. like to not disturb the sales of music.
and sorry, but her husband is pretty without style, isn?t he? hunting in scotland... ugh. this didn?t fit well with her image(s).

sorry, just a few points (to cut half of the verses of american pie?s original was also not that beautiful, not talking of the production mistake that the mens voices were too soft and too loud in the background).

but i like her. and she has this nerve of picking out the right people for her projects. to commercialize prior underground tendencies. william orbit is a genius. he made ray of light. mirwais ahmadzai is cool, too. let?s see who we will hear on the next madonna album.

That really sucks you didn't get to see the Drowned tour, mc. I consider myself lucky to have gotten tickets for it (in Detroit, naturally).

I thought it was plenty "artistic", and it was alright, but if I had to choose any tour to see her in I would have gone for Blonde Ambition. I was 11 when it came around, so I would have felt a bit embarrassed asking my parents to take me. LOL

------------------
Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Love all the Bob Fosse-inspired choreography.

Nice catch! People usually either don't pick up on that or don't know anything about Fosse.

<---loveths Fosse.

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Nice catch! People usually either don't pick up on that or don't know anything about Fosse.

<---loveths Fosse.

When I saw "Chicago" recently, it clicked--then I remembered seeing "Cabaret" and "All That Jazz" and I realized Fosse must've been a big influence on Madonna. He was the greatest. My best friend was a singer/dancer/choreographer who loved Fosse, so I learned a lot from him.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
When I saw "Chicago" recently, it clicked--then I remembered seeing "Cabaret" and "All That Jazz" and I realized Fosse must've been a big influence on Madonna. He was the greatest. My best friend was a singer/dancer/choreographer who loved Fosse, so I learned a lot from him.

I never knew about Fosse???? anyone have his piccie? Actually I havent watched Madonnas 'Truth or Dare' - Or rather 'In Bed With Madonna', named for the UK - for aaaaaaaaaaages........but from what I remember, and watching her reaction to techical 'fuk-ups' makes me cringe...........I can understand a person so wanting perfection for a concert but like if tings go wrong, esp unintentionally like.........*sigh*

I will be going to see 'Chicago' on 22nd June at Grand Opera House......
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 05-08-2002).]

for you, madwoman
smile.gif
. Fosse was an amazing choreographer who was famous for very sexy, provocative choreography, and his leading ladies nearly always had long legs. Ann Reinking was his protoge and the production of "Chicago" I saw recently was her choreography, so it felt like authentic Fosse (except the lead had short stubby legs--Fosse never would've cast her!). Hope you like the show. I wasn't crazy about the music (in general, I have difficulty with musicals), but I loved the choreography.

fosse.jpg

http://www.nodanw.com/biographies/bob_fosse.htm

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 05-08-2002).]

Fosse-inspired Blond Ambition Madonna:

90_ba-tour_008.jpg

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 05-08-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom