He's Just Not That Into You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve heard a bit about this book

It sounds like useful information

I think everyone should look at their relationship without rose colored glasses

It is much better to move on
than to dilute oneself

rocks on or off

How good/useful is this book? Is it worth a certificate?

Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly
It’s a classic single-woman scenario: you really like this guy, but he’s giving mixed messages. You make excuses, decide he’s confused, afraid of commitment. Behrendt, a former executive story editor for Sex and the City—and a formerly single (now happily married) guy who knows all the excuses—provides a simple answer: he’s just not that into you. Stop kidding yourself, let go and look for someone else who will be. After all, as Behrendt sensibly puts it, "if a (sane) guy really likes you, there ain’t nothing that’s going to get in his way." If you’re not convinced yet, by all means read this smart, funny and surprisingly upbeat little book, full of q’s and a’s covering every excuse woman has ever made to avoid admitting to herself that a man just wasn’t that smitten with her.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Product Description:

He says:

Oh sure, they say they're busy. They say that they didn't have even a moment in their insanely busy day to pick up the phone. It was just that crazy. All lies. With the advent of cell phones and speed dialing, it is almost impossible not to call you. Sometimes I call people from my pants pocket when I don't even mean to. If I were into you, you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day. Which would be a day that I would never be too busy to call you.

She says:

There is something great about knowing that my only job is to be as happy as I can be about my life, and feel as good as I can about myself, and to lead as full and eventful a life as I can, so that it doesn't ever feel like I'm just waiting around for some guy to ask me out. And most importantly, it's good for us all to remember that we don't need to scheme and plot, or beg anyone to ask us out. We're fantastic.

For ages women have come together over coffee, cocktails, or late-night phone chats to analyze the puzzling behavior of men.

He's afraid to get hurt again.
Maybe he doesn't want to ruin the friendship.
Maybe he's intimidated by me.
He just got out of a relationship.

Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo are here to say that -- despite good intentions -- you're wasting your time. Men are not complicated, although they'd like you to think they are. And there are no mixed messages.

The truth may be He's just not that into you.

Unfortunately guys are too terrified to ever directly tell a woman, "You're not the one." But their actions absolutely show how they feel.

He's Just Not That Into You -- based on a popular episode of Sex and the City -- educates otherwise smart women on how to tell when a guy just doesn't like them enough, so they can stop wasting time making excuses for a dead-end relationship.

Reexamining familiar scenarios and classic mindsets that keep us in unsatisfying relationships, Behrendt and Tuccillo's wise and wry understanding of the sexes spares women hours of waiting by the phone, obsessing over the details with sympathetic girlfriends, and hoping his mixed messages really mean "I'm in love with you and want to be with you."

He's Just Not That Into You is provocative, hilarious, and, above all, intoxicatingly liberating. It deserves a place on every woman's night table. It knows you're a beautiful, smart, funny woman who deserves better. The next time you feel the need to start "figuring him out," consider the glorious thought that maybe He's just not that into you. And then set yourself loose to go find the one who is.

A friend of mine is reading this book. She says its brutally honest, but worth the read

i do think regardless of the gender..the most responsible and considerete way to diffuse a relationship is not let the person get in to deep.

if i see/or feel a potentail relationship has no future ive always tried to end it quickly.

db9

personally, i thought it was all just common sense.

my mother/girlfriends have been telling me this shit for years. it didn't take a sex and the city writer to convince me.

but if it helps other women, great. :up:

It's definitely worth a certificate, if you are looking for some snarky but kind guy advice. In fact, I've already put it to work! :up:

And, I'm sorry, but unless you're running from lava or something, you have time to call. Period.

i dont understand why somebody's love should be judged on how many phone calls they make

maybe some people just arent phone people

if one is judging how good a relationship is based on calls anyway it cant be that great of a relationship in the first place

i dont need a book to tell me a guy's just not that into me. after so many times of any guy telling me when he'll call me when he never does, then i have to assume he's full of shit.

:up: to Icelle, too ;)

Chizip, the point of calling is that it shows that a guy CARES. If a guy has other ways of showing that, then fine...but if he never calls when he says he will, or if he goes out of town and doesn't bother to call...then why should I give him the time of day?

Chizip said:

I know I'm definitely not a phone person. I've never really understood the whole arguement over phone calls, either. If a person never calls you, I can see where it's worth being a little upset. But if they have made the effort to call you before, and miss a day or something...I don't see that as worth getting all upset about.

Angela

I'm suppose to take advice from some that was "based on a popular episode of Sex and the City"?

:eyebrow:

Umm...don't think so.

I think the flip side of what the book seems to be discussing are the guys that are like women in a man's body in terms of societally acceptable expression of feelings and so on. The sort who need you to call them, you to validate them, you to tell them you love them and be with them, and who overanalyze every feeling and every thought. I know several such specimen, and frankly, I find that to be more personally irritating than the other sort, because I can't stand being coddled.

Chizip said:
i dont understand why somebody's love should be judged on how many phone calls they make

if one is judging how good a relationship is based on calls anyway it cant be that great of a relationship in the first place

chizzer's right.

i DESPISE talking on the phone. don't know why, but i just loathe it. i would rather NOT call, and wait and see you later, than call you. that's how much i hate it. i even hate talking to my parents on the phone. i went out with rachel for a year and a half and HATED talking to her on the phone, even though i loved her.

you of all people can attest to my dislike of the telephone, pax. :wink:

paxetaurora said:
It may be the most important book I have ever read.

Look out, 2005. Pax isn't taking anyone's shit anymore. :up:

Lara Mullen said:
I want to be like that.
:determinedface:

I want to be like that too. :yes: Though I have to say that the only shit I'm getting is from my soon to be ex.

diamond said:
i do think regardless of the gender..the most responsible and considerate way to diffuse a relationship is not let the person get in to deep.

if i see/or feel a potential relationship has no future ive always tried to end it quickly.

db9

That is good advice diamond. I have followed that in the past. I relate it to "no games", as I hate the thought of hurting someone.

But even if people do follow that advice, the other person can still kid themselves and be in the same position of finding out the hard way that "He's (or she's) Just Not That Into You". :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom