HERSHSEY bars!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
??

Youre nuts.

Hershey's chocolate is the best whether it's just the bar or on other candy! You crazy loon!

Oh, I'm not calling you the names to be mean lol, im being sarcastic... so dont get offensive :wink: :hug:

I love Reeses, I've never had Hershey bars here, too expensive compared to our chocolate. I was supplied with Reeses during my childhood thanks to our American rellies and now thanks to some kind Interferencers. :heart:

I am impressed by the amount of peanut butter chocolate products Americans have. :drool:

bammo2 said:
I like hersheys peanut butter efforts, but the chocolate sucks

Give me cadbury's, galaxy or lindt any day :drool:

And Nestle :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Never had any Hersheys but I can tell you: if you want to get to heaven, eat Swiss or Belgian chocolate: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

And Finnish chocolate isn't bad at all either. I know a lot of foreigners who have said they've had the best chocolate ever here.

Oh, I should have avoided this thread... must-get-some-chocolate-right-now-or-things-will-get-nasty :huh:

Ah, chocolate. I'm a Store Manager at Thorntons, selling luxury chocs, so this is my area of expertise!

I remember moving to the States and having Hershey, and nearly throwing up. I'm sorry folks, but it is absolutely disgusting. It tastes like wax. Compared to British chocolate, it's awful stuff. :barf: :barf: :barf:

The only chocs I could eat over there were Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: everyone at school used to eat them. I thought they sounded disgusting but when I ate one, I fell in love with them.

I find that the best chocolate in the world = Belgian and Swiss... yum!

sallycinnamon78 said:
Ah, chocolate. I'm a Store Manager at Thorntons, selling luxury chocs, so this is my area of expertise!

you people and your damn fine chocolates made me gain alot of weight over christmas :wink:

beau2ifulday said:

you people and your damn fine chocolates made me gain alot of weight over christmas :wink:

It went utterly bonkers at Christmas. I had a full shop and an enormous stockroom that you literally couldn't walk in, due to the amount of stock we had. That was on December 21st. By Dec 24th - I kid you not - we had nothing left in the stockroom, and the shop was almost entirely empty. It was quite scary, as it was my first Christmas being in charge of the store!:huh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Canadian chocolates. :drool:

I've never had British chocolate. I need to get over there so I can try some. :hmm:

You are missing out, April. It's so good. :drool:
Our American rellies can still buy Cadbury's in some shops where they live. :hmm:

Lara Mullen said:

Our American rellies can still buy Cadbury's in some shops where they live. :hmm:

Cadbury's is different in the US, though (unless it's imported, and I think Cadbury UK has some contractual agreement with Hershey that prohibits them from making any direct exports to the US, except for the Creme Eggs which are imported from the UK at Easter). Cadbury in the US is owned by Hershey's and is somewhere between Hershey's normal milk chocolate and the UK Cadbury.

From what I've read, the main difference between European and American chocolate is in the processing...American cocoa is roasted at higher temperatures using Central American beans (European chocolate usually uses African beans which are sundried), which makes the chocolate more bitter, so more sugar and corn syrup is added to cover the bitterness.

i think nestle sucks. hershey is good.

but anything with peanut butter is better than plain chocolate no matter who makes it.

european chocolate tastes pretty funny from what i've tried. :down: didn't like it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom