Heroes Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fun, yes, but he doesn't have the scope that the show featured in the first half of the first season, those episodes are absolutely stunning television.

Dalton said:

You want to talk about cliche? How's this? We've got kid who comes on to the internet and lobs his pet subject into literally every thread he enters and then complains about his insecurities that 'girls won't go for guys like me."

Have you ever considered that the two situations might not be mutually exclusive? That perhaps you are seen as overbearing and more than a tad boring? Have you considered that by using your conversations with others simply as launching pads from which to jump into your own myopic pet discussions that you are furthering your isolation?

:lol:

OK, I'm still feeling the same day I did last week, it's still highyl entertaining, but feels like a bunch of random parts, and lacks the cohesion and cinematic scope that made the first season so compelling from the start.

I love how the global aspect of the show is starting to take shape. Sure only a few new faces have been shown so far, but it's good to see the show taking place outside of the U.S.

Yeah I liked that as well.

On another note, the second episode of Journeyman really improved on the first.

What is the deal with the brother and sister from South America? What is her power exactly? To make people bleed out of their eyes? And the brother's power is to what? Make people not bleed out of their eyes?

worst.powers.ever :|

i think the brother has some sort of a healing power. that was my take on it. the sister, i have no freaking clue. it looked cool tho.

powerhour24 said:
Fun, yes, but he doesn't have the scope that the show featured in the first half of the first season, those episodes are absolutely stunning television.

My wife just began watching the show, so I watched the first couple of episodes of season 1 last night. They have the same disjointed feel as this season. The problem with an ensemble cast like this is that they have the set the story line for each character before they all begin to weave together.

That being said, I don't find many of the new lines that satisfying, but Peter looks like he is about to kick some ass.

elevated_u2_fan said:
true, could it be Mrs. Patrelli herself having a hallucination of some sort brought on by mystery dude?

So the person (if it is only one person) who is doing this has multiple powers (s/he managed not to fall to her/his death while going over the edge with Hiro's dad and either the ability to give Mrs. Patrelli hallucinations or the ability to fight her while invisible).

So again I ask, could it be Peter? I think it is unlikely because they have been showing Peter in Ireland, but we don't know if the timelines of the stories are overlapping. Personally I hope that it isn't Peter, but that it is another person with multiple abilities and this year we get to see Peter do some serious fighting with all of his abilities.

very interesting... I just hope they don't do some cheap cop out and have it be Sylar. :down:

I really don't think it is Sylar as he would be more interested in stealing their powers vs just killing them.

I like the idea of Mr B and the Haitian teaming up again as well...

Dalton said:
Ah dear christ, can we get this guy a towel and a room to handle his battlestar galactica and 4400 fantasies?

Please?

You want to talk about cliche? How's this? We've got kid who comes on to the internet and lobs his pet subject into literally every thread he enters and then complains about his insecurities that 'girls won't go for guys like me."

Have you ever considered that the two situations might not be mutually exclusive? That perhaps you are seen as overbearing and more than a tad boring? Have you considered that by using your conversations with others simply as launching pads from which to jump into your own myopic pet discussions that you are furthering your isolation?

Take this which every way you will, man, but honestly, there is nothing more cliche than the narcissist who doesn't actually do any self reflection.

FFS - hum a new tune.
You are such a mean-spirited jerk. You always make things ugly and personal.

Can we please try to be nice to each other.
If you differ in opinion that's fine, but lets try not get personal.

The Heroes producers and writers are true geeks with the appearance of two Star Trek alumni after they just killed off George Takei. God luv em!!

Aw, that Sylar, what a card!!

btw, go read Watchmen, Sandman or Preacher graphic novels. :nerd:

Dalton said:
I was actually glad for the flying scene. I always thought that it was a little unrealistic that none of these 'heroes' were using their gifts to get some ...

This is true, it's a shame the whole flying scene came off as a bad homage to Superman with even worse special effects... I'm placing my bet emo kid turns out to be evil.

Also, once again, the Spanish brother and sister seem to have an effective but a pretty lame power nonetheless...

elevated_u2_fan said:

I'm placing my bet emo kid turns out to be evil.

i had the same thought too.

last night's show was boring, but i guess they need to develop the story more.

It's about time Sylar, Niki and Micah came back, albeit in a little section of the show.

The brother/sister subplot is incredibly boring and obnoxious

"HEY! I'M THE MURDERER IN THAT WANTED PICTURE"
*hand cuffs girl*
"WHAT?! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!? I'LL MAKE YOUR EYES BLEED BLACK STUFF! KIND OF LIKE THE STUFF THAT CAME OUT OF DANNY DEVITO'S MOUTH AT THE END OF BATMAN RETURNS!!!"

Those childhood memories of seeing the penguins push DeVito face-first into the water are burned into my brain.

Thanks Tim Burton.

Back
Top Bottom