Heroes Season 2 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #166
War Child

Local Time: 06:43 AM
What happens in the beginning of Chapter 3? I missed it. Did they show a preview for it?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #167
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Green Eyes
What happens in the beginning of Chapter 3? I missed it. Did they show a preview for it?
If you want to call Sylar injecting himself in some back alley (with obvious junkie imagery), presumably gaining back all his powers and delivering the groan inducing line of "I'm back" as a preview then yes, you missed it

Old 12-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #168
War Child

ok, maybe I will. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #169
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Muldfeld

That's my guess. It's the typical thing to create tension between the characters.

This was an attrotious episode and much less fun than past episodes, especially the enjoyable Noah "dies" episode. Anyone notice the cheat of totally getting rid of the cliffhanger moment of Hiro charging in anger to him and then teleporting or stopping time so he could move faster than Nathan would notice (it's not really clear how Nathan wouldn't since he's using the same ability), so he could suddenly reason with Peter?

All the people who looked like they were dying can easily be brought back if Peter decides to flit back in time. He can rescue anyone from any time, of course, let alone his brother. Nathan's death (and he's, like, my favorite character) was quite sad, until I realized that. Why didn't Hiro just shoot Kinsei in the head? (By the way, I'm pretty sure Nathan's nuclear detonation would have eviscerated his head...) Leaving him in a tomb for eternity seems infinitely more cruel. Also, I just realized, since Kinsei is not a serial killer who subconsciously wants to get caught by goading the police or other heroes, why does he leave calling cards on the bodies of his victims. Not very smart. The way Peter was duped wasn't believable at all. He just had to read Kinsei's mind. Also, Hiro jumping up like a child at the sight of "flying man!", when he would have been worried was another example of how bad the attempts are to preserve emotional realism.

Also, the acting and dialogue were awful. The way a powerless Sylar was able to outmaneuver
Suresh was so lame. Also, Suresh seemed more intent on telling Sylar the truth about the company injecting him than beating the crap out of him. I really HATE Sylar now. He was cool before, but he's so mean that I REALLY HATE him. I hope Maya kills him, but Sylar's too popular for that.

The one annoying thread running through the series as well as Lost making for easy enemies are the brutally demanding parental figures. It's so preposterous. I suspected Elle would rebel, but -- to my surprise -- they're saving that for later; I'm just waiting for her to have sex with someone. Also, the Claire plot was lame; her plan wasn't entirely convincing, but it made more sense than the boyfriend's sudden desire to keep his powers a secret and the easy estrangement between them. Mr. Bennett's resolution of going back to the way things were was similarly pat and unbelievable. Eventually he'll have enough and betray the company again. All so lame. Ma Petrelli will eventually give her life for her sons after Nathan comes back, though her betrayal to this degree did surprise me.

The Nikki/Micah story was awfully acted and written. They could have just called the cops from the get-go. Also, this was a major missed opportunity to comment on the conditions of poor blacks in the wake of Katrina. Instead we get simplistic good people and evil criminals. Shows like this make people want the death penalty and make sympathizing with the increased desperation and criminality in the region easily dismissed as the actions of evil black people who lack initiative.

Now, Sylar's back, and I don't even care. I guess one interesting development is Matt Parkman's power easily corrupting him. It'll be a nice dramatically realistic thing to have before they resolve it easily -- probably with Molly pleading for him to stop.

I'll still watch it because it gives my big brother and I a topic of conversation, though.
You watch a show you completely dislike and disrespect because it gives you and your brother something to talk about? Really? If Heroes had Peter and Nathan sitting around, watching a show for an hour, so they could have something to talk about, you'd bash the shit out of that. You'd call it unrealistic, or lame. If you did, then for the first time ever, I'd be forced to agree with you.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #170
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
This was an attrotious episode and much less fun than past episodes, especially the enjoyable Noah "dies" episode.
I have to agree with Muldfeld on this one. It's so disappointing when I go from loving a show one season to being completely bored and frustrated the next.

Too many characters. Scratch that ... too many characters I don't care about.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #171
Blue Crack Supplier

You ought to stop watching then, simple as that.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #172
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Quote:

This was an attrotious episode and much less fun than past episodes, especially the enjoyable Noah "dies" episode. Anyone notice the cheat of totally getting rid of the cliffhanger moment of Hiro charging in anger to him and then teleporting or stopping time so he could move faster than Nathan would notice (it's not really clear how Nathan wouldn't since he's using the same ability), so he could suddenly reason with Peter?
Hiro was charging Nathan, what? Nathan's only ability is being able to fly? What are you talking about?

Quote:

All the people who looked like they were dying can easily be brought back if Peter decides to flit back in time. He can rescue anyone from any time, of course, let alone his brother.
This is true of any time travel story. That's why you just have to suspend certain beliefs when watching anything with time travel involved. Plus we haven't seen Peter be able to really control his time travel abilities this season.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #173
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
You ought to stop watching then, simple as that.
What if I want to hold out hope that I'll like it again next season?

And hey, lucky for me, that was the finale. I've stopped watching by default.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #174
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

What if I want to hold out hope that I'll like it again next season?

And hey, lucky for me, that was the finale. I've stopped watching by default.
Heroes is all about hope.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #175
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Heroes is all about hope.

You're inspiring.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #176
Blue Crack Distributor

Hey, it took me years to give up hope on The X-Files. It's way too early to give up hope on Heroes.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #177
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk

You're inspiring.
Don't ever forget it.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #178
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Hey, it took me years to give up hope on The X-Files. It's way too early to give up hope on Heroes.

for god's sakes cori... Your avi scares the shite of me...

Old 12-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #179
Blue Crack Addict

"they ran out of things to shoot"

'Heroes' actor: 'We ran out of stuff to shoot'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Milo Ventimiglia once again saved the world on NBC's "Heroes." Now what?

Milo Ventimiglia helps to save the world on "Heroes."

"It's funny how that always falls on my shoulders," Ventimiglia says.

In the second season finale, Ventimiglia's character, Peter Petrelli, destroyed a virus capable of annihilating most of mankind while Nathan Petrelli, Peter's high-flying brother, appeared to be assassinated at a press conference.

Ventimiglia isn't sure if Nathan (played by Adrian Pasdar) is dead.

"I really hope he's not going anywhere," Ventimiglia told The Associated Press during a telephone interview Wednesday. "That would be really disappointing to me to lose a brother and an amazing scene partner. I'm sure it's all going to work out the way it's supposed to."

Ventimiglia says he didn't watch the finale.

He wasn't alone. Ratings for Monday's episode were down from the previous week, and the conclusion of Volume Two was the lowest-rated finale episode for the show yet, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The second season of "Heroes" was cut short after the Writers Guild of America went on strike.

Ventimiglia says he's seen no scripts and has no clues about what will happen when the show returns.

"We ran out of stuff to shoot," he said. "That's basically what it boils down to."

Meanwhile, the 30-year-old actor is producing and starring in the first episode of a series of holiday-themed stop-animation short films for American Eagle Outfitters. The digital shorts also feature Lil Jon, Kristen Bell, Pete Wentz and Adrianne Palicki.

Ventimiglia, whose hair was famously chopped on "Heroes," opted for his puppet counterpart to have his longer 'do.

"I thought we should go with the bangs because they're more recognizable," he says.

Divide Pictures, Ventimiglia and partner Russ Cundiff's production company, has also optioned the movie rights to "Blades of Glory," John Rosengren's book about the Bloomington Jefferson Jaguars, a championship Minnesota high school hockey team.

Ventimiglia says he'll appear in the upcoming films "Game" and "The Chaos Theory."

"I try and take a break and take a vacation," he says, "but I keep getting wrapped up in jobs."