Heroes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sevikins

Refugee
Anyone watch this series?
At first I thought I wouldn't have enjoyed it because I liked the previews... for some reason I've been burned by false previews at one time or another, but I've gotta say, I like this series.

It's in character development but I couldn't keep my eyes off each minute of the show.
I'd have to say my favorite character so far is the guy who plays Hiro. He is hilarious.

Can't wait for next week's episode.

i was presently suprised by this show. good stuff so far. not Twin Peaks caliber, but then again, what is?

Queen Bee said:
The only character I don't care about is the mom with the reflection that murders people or whatever.

Other than that... :love:

:up: :up:

Might I add that I've been in love with the cop story since the promos? I think if I had his "power" I'd kill myself. I keep thinking about What Women Want and how awful it would be to hear everyone's thoughts at once. :no:

So far so good. I expected it to be condescending and goofy the way most "comic book" movies/shows are done, but they are treating this like a real drama, which is excellent.

I'm really interested in the blonde's story. I want to know WTF is going on. What kind of power does she have? I don't have much interest in the two brothers that can fly though. I find both of them annoying.

Hiro owns. He's awesome.

So far LLLOOOOOVVVEEEE this show!!

please stay good...please stay good....please stay good

UberBeaver said:

I'm really interested in the blonde's story. I want to know WTF is going on. What kind of power does she have?

Thank you. I was going to ask the same thing. Is she a person with multiple personas (like one who has DID)? Or does her reflection actually act as if it's another person with their own persona, as if they're two separate people?

I'm liking it so far! Yeah, the WebCammy Stripper Mommy is my least favorite. But Hiro is awesome!

and now there's Greg Gruman (sp?) as the cop who can hear thoughts! I love him!

The show seems to take itself a little too seriously for me, but I'm willing to hang in there for a while and see what happens.

Hiro is the best.

"HERRO NEW YOHK"

The second episode was just as stellar as the debut.

And I'm convinced the Silar killer, the EMT's drawing, and cockroaches play a huge part in episodes to come.

I just watched it tonight for the first time. I had to read about it to have a clue about what was going on, but I think I'm fairly caught up. Except for the blonde mum character - don't know anything about her really.

The end was cool, not sure how they are going to work that storyline though :huh:

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
I just watched it tonight for hte first time. I had to read about it to have a clue about what was going on, but I think I'm fairly caught up. Except for the blonde mum character - don't know anything about her really.

The end was cool, not sure how they are going to work that storyline though :huh:

I think she's in the same facility that the police officer is in.

snowbunny00774 said:
but I think I'm fairly caught up. Except for the blonde mum character - don't know anything about her really.

The blonde mum (I didn't know mum was used in Canada) is kind of still unexplained. When she looks in mirrors, there's like an alternate version of her looking back, usually with a kind of evil look on her face. The blonde has tendencies to pass out and awake to a lot of destruction, apparetnyl caused by her "reflection". I dunno, it's weird. I'm thinking she may be shaping up to be a "bad guy" or something.

So I watched for the first time last night (although I missed the first 5 minutes. argh) and I'm still a little lost. figured out the cop hearing thoughts, Hiro and the comic book (how did that story develop?), but the other things....the Sylar part and the other characters, the blonde.

anyone have a short but sweet summary? or should I just go to the nbc web site and check it out (I think I'll do that anyway)?

Hiro can bend or stop time, and he can "teleport" to different places in time. He teleported to NYC 5 weeks in the future He found a comic book in a shop that had him doing just that. He went to find the author, but when he got there the author was dead. the cops came, they were questioning Hiro and then a nuke exploded, Hiro teleported back to Japan to a time before the explosion.

Silar, I think, is the cheerleader's father. Maybe? If not, that's still left unclear. The cheerleader is indestructable.

The Indian guy's father was researching the hereos, but has since disappeared (or died?) and his son came to NY to follow up.

The politician and his brother can fly.

The artist draws the future. His images of the superheroes keep coming through. He drew Hiro in NY, Peter (the brother) flying, and some other images. He's a herion addict as well.

I'm sure you can get better and more accurate info on the web, but it's a cool show. Kind of unique, really.

UberBeaver said:

(I didn't know mum was used in Canada)

I'm originally Irish so it should be Ma or Mam ( I was a little snot though so I've always used Mum!)
I've been infiltrating The Great White North for a while though :shh:

Thanks for the synopsis, I'll keep watching :up:

I really want to know what happens to the cheerleader :huh:

snowbunny00774 said:

I really want to know what happens to the cheerleader :huh:

I was on their website poking around...very surprised to find out the Cheerleader was the little girl in 'Remember the Titans'!! I loved her in that movie.

Oh yeah, Hayden Panitierre (sp?). I hadn't heard much about her recently until she popped up in celebrity news as hanging with Paris Hilton for a while. :huh:

I completely love "Remember the Titans." :reject:

Back
Top Bottom