Heroes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^I totally get what you mean.
My bf just watched it as well and started to compare it to Lost and Jericho where they string you along without "something else to keep you occupied" which then he predicts will turn viewers off unless they start answering questions.

And I totally agree. I wanted answers last week, didn't get them, thought we'd at least get something but now we have to wait what... more than a month now for more "answers". :(

I am okay without the answers I like guessing and it makes me want to tune in. Unlike Lost I don;t find this show super boring and unbelievable (well if you can believe is Superpowers!!)

What annoys me is waiting until Jan. 22 I read in article in Entertainment Weekly that talked about the fact that the fall season is 35 weeks long but most shoes only make 22-24 episodes. Because of this they usually show repeats to make the season longer but found that people don't watch them so they decided to make the show go on break. I say just make the season shorter!! :mad:

I don't mind not being fed answers right away.
The problem with Lost is that it's a work in progress, and this late in the game, it shows. I mean, they had to make up the shooting storyline of Ana Lucia and Libby because of outside incidents. If the writers of Heroes were/are smart, they'll have the entire series written out beforehand so there will be no surprises.
I don't mind not getting answers for months because the build up is so good. Lost has lost (lol) the build-up edge. Now we don't even remember what the questions were because they've tried to feed us some side storyline and invent new drama when there was already a messload of drama in the season finale! I mean, shouldn't Desmond be talking about his prediction abilities? Why isn't Hurley mourning Libby? Where the fuck is Vincent?! They've created too many questions and are focusing on Jack/Kate/Sawyer storylines which are by far the most boring storylines of the show.

In Heroes, every storyline is integral and they make sure of that in each episode. The whole "it's a Locke episode" thing was fun for a while but just once in a while we need to start seeing everything weave together and it's just not happening.
Heroes on the other hand... :drool:

Not to mention that they added like a billion characters to Lost. It's too much to keep track of. :sigh:

ljclary said:
I say just make the season shorter!! :mad:

Lol, they want your money. Over the summer network TV loses a lot of money because no one is watching the advertising and the companies pull ads. That's why there's an influx in game shows and cheap gimmicky reality shows to grab your interest and keep you tubed.
Shows like Lost, Heroes, 24, ER all cost ten times the amount a show like Deal or No Deal costs to produce.

I agree that they should make the season shorter, but better quality. The Brits do it right. Dr. Who is like 12 eps. The Office was 6 a season, I believe. Coupling was 6, I think. And every episode is a classic that you can watch over and over.

So far Heroes has delivered each week. I don't mind the guessing/waiting game so long as you are rewarded for the wait. Lost has seemingly caught up to it's dead ends. I wouldn't have minded if they wrote the 3rd season for the sole purpose of ending it. And if Heroes can tell the entire story in 2 seasons, do it.

However, cool thing about comic style stories, you can pretty much tell the story indefinitely. XMen, Batman, Superman - they've been around for decades.

My theory: SPOILERS

Peter is going to absorb Sylar's powers in order to save Sylar. And I think all that imagery in his dream was foreshadowing telling him he's going to be all alone.

It seems Mr. Bennett can block abilities from affecting him.

And I really liked Eden. Maybe she'll come back. With Charlie. They keep killing off the chicks I like. DAMMIT. Stop that.

Great first half of the season.

PlaTheGreat said:
I don't mind not being fed answers right away.
The problem with Lost is that it's a work in progress, and this late in the game, it shows. I mean, they had to make up the shooting storyline of Ana Lucia and Libby because of outside incidents. If the writers of Heroes were/are smart, they'll have the entire series written out beforehand so there will be no surprises.
I don't mind not getting answers for months because the build up is so good. Lost has lost (lol) the build-up edge. Now we don't even remember what the questions were because they've tried to feed us some side storyline and invent new drama when there was already a messload of drama in the season finale! I mean, shouldn't Desmond be talking about his prediction abilities? Why isn't Hurley mourning Libby? Where the fuck is Vincent?! They've created too many questions and are focusing on Jack/Kate/Sawyer storylines which are by far the most boring storylines of the show.

In Heroes, every storyline is integral and they make sure of that in each episode. The whole "it's a Locke episode" thing was fun for a while but just once in a while we need to start seeing everything weave together and it's just not happening.
Heroes on the other hand... :drool:

Not to mention that they added like a billion characters to Lost. It's too much to keep track of. :sigh:

Yes, yes, yes :up:

Holy shit, it's like you read my mind :love:

PlaTheGreat said:
Where the fuck is Vincent?!

outlaws15vn1.png

UberBeaver said:
And I really liked Eden. Maybe she'll come back. With Charlie. They keep killing off the chicks I like. DAMMIT. Stop that.
Me too :angry: I loved Eden, and her cute hair too. And Charlie was really cute too.

I'm also pissed that they had the Haitian erase Claire's friend Zach's mind. I loved him, and now he probably won't be around anymore.

I think the best quote from tonight's episode was Hiro saying "How do you stop an exploding man?"

Supposedly Eden wanted more money on her contract and that is why she is gone..this coming from the always reliable Ryan Seacrest E! news....

ljclary said:
Supposedly Eden wanted more money on her contract and that is why she is gone..this coming from the always reliable Ryan Seacrest E! news....

It sucks when they write off characters for this type of reasons

as for Sylar I don't think he got Edens power, I'm pretty sure she shot herself to prevent him from getting her brain

I liked the episode it was very fast paced unlike others, I just hope they get done with Nikki/DL's storyline its boring as hell

^Well we can assume that Eden shot herself based on the splatter of blood on the window. Then again, we can assume that Sylar is dead as well since we see him lying down on the floor on the next episode's scenes.

All part of keeping us guessing eh? :wink:
Me though, I'm willing to assume that Eden killed herself.

PlaTheGreat said:
We think the same things at the same time.

Radiohead references :up:

I seriously loved last night's episode.

SPOILERSSSSS

I think that Peter's going to absorb the Atomic Guy's powers somehow, and then that's how he explodes.

the end.

And Pla, I totally agree with you about Lost. If this show stretches this storyline into another season, I will probably give up on television dramas except 24.

Mofo said:

as for Sylar I don't think he got Edens power, I'm pretty sure she shot herself to prevent him from getting her brain

oooohhhhh I didn't think of that...good call!!

LemonMacPhisto said:

And Pla, I totally agree with you about Lost. If this show stretches this storyline into another season, I will probably give up on television dramas except 24.

I think they will definetely end this storyline this season, but different storylines are endless they could go anywhere with this show it could last for years, new characters, new villians, new powers, etc etc

ljclary just look at Sylars face he is completely surprised when Eden pulls the gun on herself

Mofo said:

I think they will definetely end this storyline this season, but different storylines are endless they could go anywhere with this show it could last for years, new characters, new villians, new powers, etc etc

ljclary just look at Sylars face he is completely surprised when Eden pulls the gun on herself

It seemed like in this episode that Jack is being ordered around by someone.

I remember a line like "we've been ordered otherwise" after Eden says she wants to kill Sylar.

Maybe the Heroes vs. society or ones who want to end them.

Last night's episode:drool:
I am weary of thinking that Peter absorbs the atomic guys powers. This might be a bit of a stretch but what if Peter was dreaming from the atomic guy's perspective? (Any Harry Potter fans out there? When harry dreams from the snake's perspective?) Where was the atomic guy if he has to be close to Peter for the power to absorb? OR he does absorb the atomic guys power and something goes terribly wrong and he doesn't know how to control it.
I don't know. :huh:
This was an AWESOME first half!! I can't wait till January!!! (24 AND Heroes) :)

LemonMacPhisto said:

It seemed like in this episode that Jack is being ordered around by someone.

I remember a line like "we've been ordered otherwise" after Eden says she wants to kill Sylar.

Maybe the Heroes vs. society or ones who want to end them.

yes they are being ordered by someone else, I can't understand the exact line:nerd: I downloaded the episode even after seeing it yesterday:|

I was starting to really like Eden to bad they killed her

oh and did you see Isac's painting of my guess is the atomic dude, but looks like the human torch from the FF I can't wait to see that, the painting has been shown a couple of episodes now but now it was shown for a bit longer when Isaacs is with Eden

Last edited:
I guess I'm the only one who didn't like Eden! :wink: She bugged me. I was kind of hoping it'd be Jessica/Niki that would bite it. Oh well.

Great episode, though! I so love this show. I liked that they wiped Claire's friend's and brother's minds. It's just so evil and maybe necessary. Yay for providing angst!

I liked her after knowin she worked for Mr. Bennett and knowing that he was playing the indian guy, before that she just seemed like the typical annoying nosy neighbor

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

Radiohead references :up:

You mean Thom Yorke references. Get with it!

It's interesting to look at the show's website...the entire cast seem to have amazing abilities outside the show. Hiro works with George Lucas, others know 5 or 6 languages. Not Bad!

Very interesting episode tonight... I think I watch this series now just for Hiro only. He's just too adorable.

I don't know what else to say other than how I wished the episode was a bit more longer! That didn't even feel like an hour at all. :mad:

Queen Bee said:
Hiro: You flying man... WHOOOOOSH!

Nathan: WOULD YOU BE QUIET?

Hiro: Whoosh!

:love: :love: :love:

billa!

billa?

billaaaa

villain?

villain

villa!

beads

bees?

beads!

beads?!

Atleast NBC is hyping the right show. :shrug:

I just wish it was moved to 8 PM so I could watch Heroes -> 24 -> Studio 60 with no TiVo involved.

Oh, and what does the cockroach represent? It was in Sylar's cell.

I think it has to do with the nuclear blast, or Sylar has the ability to change into a roach?

I'm not sure, what do you think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom