Heroes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone check to see if the prev shows are available on NBC?
I clicked on the link UB left ( :bow: ) and it said there was a broken connection. I've gone through the buttons for each prev episode and they all say not found or no connection. If you guys can see them still, then it means I can't see them as I'm not in the US :sad:
I've never torrented anything. I see the help files elsewhere in the forum...Is it hard to set up and does it take long? (time is v. limited these days)

Thanks for the help in advance - I will get there :up:

Not really.
Just go download a program called utorrent. It's really easy to work.

Then you go to a torrent site (ie: mininova.org) and just search Heroes. Then click on the file, and download the link. It'll ask if you want to save or just open the file as is. You can click "open (with utorrent)" and then utorrent'll automatically sense it, and ask you where you want the file to be downloaded to (usually the desktop I choose), and just wait for seeders to join (who has the files). There's a progress bar, and when it hits 100%, then you can leave utorrent and check out the file (which should be completed on your desktop).

Shouldn't be long. A popular show like Heroes would have a lot of seeders (especially previous episodes).

Hope that works out for you. It's much more easier than it sounds. :)

I watched this show for the first time tonight, and I think I'm hooked. So many of my friends and co-workers are talking about this show, so I finally decided to check it out. Very awesome! Hiro is absolutely hilarious! :lol:

I'm definitely going to try and download the previous epsiodes because I really have no idea what's going on. Thanks for the utorrents info, Sevikins! :)

Sci-Fi plays reruns of Heros on Friday nights as well, before Dr Who (DOPE!) and Battlestar Galatica (Best show on TV).

Torrents can either go very fast, a matter of minutes, or could take, literally, days. It depends on how many people are seeding. I usually set it up before I go to, and then let it go til it's done. If you leave the PC on you don't need to monitor it at all.

The link seems to be working now. Last night's ep is up there.

I thought the Sean Bean as Sylar thing was just an out of control rumor?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I thought the Sean Bean as Sylar thing was just an out of control rumor?

well I think if IMDB put's it, it's pretty official unlike site rumors

LemonMacPhisto said:
Was the "shadowy person" that the mind reader chased a couple of eps ago Sylar?

yes that was Sylar

No no, you gave the option for the link if you wanted to know. Thanks!

It's that dastardly LemonMacPhisto who dropped the dreaded spoiler-bomb. :madspit:

corianderstem said:
No no, you gave the option for the link if you wanted to know. Thanks!

It's that dastardly LemonMacPhisto who dropped the dreaded spoiler-bomb. :madspit:

I had read it was pure speculation, plus like Queenie said IMDb is fan-edited like Wikipedia.

They had a Ghostbusters 3 page for weeks, filling my heart with joy and shattering it to pieces when it closed.

That being said, sorry for teh spoiler :wink:

Last edited:
Like this Nazi?

08940-6.jpg

AWESOME. The one and only time I bought a Fangoria magazine, it was because it had a full-color page picture of that dude's face melting off.

Yes, I was a strange child.

PlaTheGreat said:

I was excited too. :sad:

I actually started the process of writing my own working Ghostbusters 3 fan script.

Had the dream cast all worked out and everything

:sad:

Ok, we all knew you know who was gonna have powers. How could they not?

And the twists continue...........

So I am thinking Hiro's power is that when he says "I wish...." he then gets that power. He before said he wished he could stop time and look what happened and last night he said he wished he had super strength and then he did. Thoughts?

My list of powers and theories

Claire Bennett - superhuman healing abilities, she isn't invulnerable, perhaps she can heal others too like Nathan's wife, :hmm:

Nathan Petrelli - flight,

Peter Petrelli - ability to duplicate others powers when he is close to them, we don't know how close yet,nor if he can absorb more than one power at a time

Matt Parkma - telepathy, maybe eventually the ability to manipulate others like a jedi

Hiro Nakamura - manipulate time and teleportation, bend space and time, freezes time, time travels,and teleports

Issac Mendez - clarivoyant, predict the future with a twist, he paints the future while he is high, probably be able to use power in the future while clean, maybe he will paint that event :wink:

Niki Sanders - split personality where Jessica,the alter has superhuman strength and a vicious mean streak , possible that there may be two Niki's or a future storyline will deal with a possible split where Jessica is a villain but Niki isn't, similar to Dark Phoenix story line with Jean Grey in X-men

Micah Sanders - technopathy, ability to manipulate technology

DL Hawkins - phasing or ability to walk go through objects, probably able to take things and people with him eventually too

Mohinder Suresh - no official powers yet but may be the tie that binds them all

Nuclear man who lost his wife last night - walking atom bomb similar to Captain Atom or the Human Bomb, probably can control radiation but possibly source of nuclear explosion in the future

Bald dude hanging out with Claire's evil dad - mind wiper, eliminates memories

I think you nailed everyone, but they have to find a way to limit Hiro's powers or else the man can do pretty much whatever he likes.

Mofo said:
I think you nailed everyone, but they have to find a way to limit Hiro's powers or else the man can do pretty much whatever he likes.

I suggested earlier there may be a price to pay for using his power. The price? The shortening of his own life span. Perhaps that is Mohinder's role, that is to assist with the development of the powers of the heroes since he has that scientific background and connection with his father.

That's the beauty of comic book writing, they can do anything. They can kill off a character and bring them back to life, no sweat. There could be a future Hiro who turned evil and comes back to attack his friends, who knows? If this show continues to have strong writing and character development and good plotlines, this could have a long, long run. They still have to do secret origins of the characters yet. We know they have powers but how did they get them. What past events created them, was it Mohinder's father, who are Claire's real parents, was it genetic experiments, a metagene, exposure to radiation and so on...Of course, other shows have been hot and then drop off a cliff but fingers crossed.

Last edited:
suggested earlier there may be a price to pay for using his power. The price? The shortening of his own life span. Perhaps that is Mohinder's role, that is to assist with the development of the powers of the heroes since he has that scientific background and connection with his father.

That's the beauty of comic book writing, they can do anything. They can kill off a character and bring them back to life, no sweat. There could be a future Hiro who turned evil and comes back to attack his friends, who knows? If this show continues to have strong writing and character development and good plotlines, this could have a long, long run. They still have to do secret origins of the characters yet. We know they have powers but how did they get them. What past events created them, was it Mohinder's father, who are Claire's real parents, was it genetic experiments, a metagene, exposure to radiation and so on...Of course, other shows have been hot and then drop off a cliff but fingers crossed.

I remember you saying that, Its great that they can come up with virtually anything they want, but if they start reviving everyone who get's killed it loses it's impact, I used to collect comic book 10 years ago and how many times did they kill Jean Grey and many characters it's just not interesting when any new writer comes along and rewrites things and brings back characters

and I'm really enjoying the show, the cast, but the writing still has a long way to go IMO

^well, I don't think they will kill anyone off and bring them back, I was just saying that with this style of story, you pretty much can do whatever, hypothetically

:nerd: alert

Of course, since many comic books have been produced monthly for 30, 40, 50, even 60 years, you're going to have dramatic changes from writer to writer including resurrection of old characters which a writer might be able to revive interest in. They brought Jason Todd, the second Robin, back from the grave earlier this year and he was dead for almost 20 years.

Of course, this writing isn't always mindblowing but compared to most comic book films, it is superb. My favourite superhero movie is The Incredibles.

Although I am looking forward to Richard Donner's version of Superman II being released on DVD later this month.

Back
Top Bottom