"Here Comes Your Man" is the catchiest song ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Yes, I'm talking about the immortal Pixies track. It's like getting an Everlasting Gobstopper stuck in the back of your throat; you might not want it there but it's damn tasty.

Discuss.

Really, catchiest ever? It's a great song, but I would go as far as catchiest ever, the verses aren't really that catchy.

But great song!!!

I put this song on a mix CD for my mom a few years ago, and she said that was one of the songs she liked the most. I'm guessing it's one of the only Pixies songs she'd like.

It's definitely a catchy tune, one of those songs I never get tired of. I think of it as the Pixies' take on surf pop.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Really, catchiest ever? It's a great song, but I would go as far as catchiest ever, the verses aren't really that catchy.

But great song!!!

hyperbole is one of my strong suits. :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I put this song on a mix CD for my mom a few years ago, and she said that was one of the songs she liked the most. I'm guessing it's one of the only Pixies songs she'd like.

Heh, same thing with my Mum. I tried to get her into Pixies but she reckons they're too "noisy" for her. She does like Here Comes Your Man though, probably because it's the poppiest Pixies song and insanely catchy.

I'm not a big Pixies fan, but HCYM is on my MP3 player. It's really something special. :up:

:shrug: meh!

I'm going to have to be a naysayer here and say that Here Comes Your Man is probably in the bottom half of my favorite Pixies songs . . . . nowhere NEAR the top.

It's kind of like their Shiny, Happy People. Waaaaaay too cutesy and pop-y for such a cutting edge band.

Where Is My Mind?, Velouria, Vamos, Levitate Me . . . . now those are some genius songs. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom