Here comes the sun.... WEATHER part X

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And we've got it 8 above zero! I was just saying to mum tonight actually that -8 is about the worst temp i've ever experienced&that was a good long while ago :up:

My mum has experienced -20 and that's the worst temp she's been in - it was one time we had been visiting someone during Xmas&up here in Glasgow it had been -20 all week but thankfully, were we had been staying in England, it was warmer&no worse than 0 i think, but i stayed down there longer but mum came back&a few days later when i got back it was back to 0 so i escaped the awful temps thankfully! :bow:

:wink: when she got back into our house, she said the house was like an icebox, and that she kept her coat on until the heating was way up :yikes: :yikes:

That's what I do when I go to work. I turn the heat down to save on heating costs. And then when I get home I turn it up. When I went on the cruise I set my heat back to 50 degrees, and when I got home it took over an hour for the house to get warmed up.

Yikes! But in my mum's case, the heating had just been off completely! :scream:

I know! I just couldn't imagine how it must have been but when i was on the road coming back up, it was still covered in thick ice&i'm thinking yikes it's going to be so cold when i get into Glasgow but no it seemed mild to me&i'm going 'what's all the fuss about?'!! :huh:

I remember i was saying to you last week that there has been one fall last winter&before that the whole decade hardly any - do you remember? :wink:

It's lucky that we get the weather not being so bad eh! :wink: although it upsets me to think of how global warming is affecting wildlife - today on the news i started crying when they were talking about the poor polar bears not finding food&being stranded :sad:

The version they gave here was just to say that they could be exctinct by the end of the century&it upsets&makes me mad sooooo much :angry: :rant: :sad: :(

It's just disgusting what humans have done to this planet :mad: :madspit: they are such beautiful animals. We have a fantastic wildlife presenter from this country, you may have heard of him - Sir David Attenborough :bow: well he did narration on a series&they showed similar film of a polar bear, swimming away from close to the north Pole&it swam so well to begin with, it reached quite far out but then it tried to kill a walrus but they were too fierce&tough for a polar bear even and so it just laid down&died 'cos it was so exhausted :sad: :sad: :sad: it broke my heart :tsk:

Oh getting close to a new thread everyone!

Am i going to get in with another :lock:

I'm off to do it! :hi5: have you seen this new smilie tiny? V appropriate don't you think? :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom