Here Comes the sun... weather Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flurries are exceptionally cute...except for when the wind is blowing at 100 km/hr at the same time. :mad: Then those cute little snowflakes turn into icy pellets of doom.

It's miserable outside! Terribly messy. Wet snow sucks. And I have to walk out in it in two hours' time. :(

GibsonGirl said:
Flurries are exceptionally cute...except for when the wind is blowing at 100 km/hr at the same time. :mad: Then those cute little snowflakes turn into icy pellets of doom.

It's miserable outside! Terribly messy. Wet snow sucks. And I have to walk out in it in two hours' time. :(

Snow is a foreign concept to me :sad:

Queen Bee said:

Snow is a foreign concept to me :sad:

Turn that :sad: into a :)! As I've said before, you are incredibly lucky not to be pummelled with the winters of the Great White North. :( Take our forcast for the next few days, for instance. Today, we have wet snow turning into rain later on this afternoon. In fact, it's already started to rain right now. So the rain begins to melt the snow, where it combines with the salt and grime on the road to form one big, slushy, disgusting mess. Then, this evening and tomorrow, the temperature dips below freezing... So the big, slushy, disgusting mess turns into a big, frozen, terribly slippery mess. I'll need ice skates to get to the effing university centre tomorrow morning. :mad:

I want to live in the desert. :(

GibsonGirl said:

Turn that :sad: into a :)! As I've said before, you are incredibly lucky not to be pummelled with the winters of the Great White North. :( Take our forcast for the next few days, for instance. Today, we have wet snow turning into rain later on this afternoon. In fact, it's already started to rain right now. So the rain begins to melt the snow, where it combines with the salt and grime on the road to form one big, slushy, disgusting mess. Then, this evening and tomorrow, the temperature dips below freezing... So the big, slushy, disgusting mess turns into a big, frozen, terribly slippery mess. I'll need ice skates to get to the effing university centre tomorrow morning. :mad:

That's too bad

GibsonGirl said:

St. John's: Canada's Weather Champion

Of all the major Canadian cities, St. John's is the foggiest (124 days, next to Halifax's 122), snowiest (359 cm, next to Quebec City's 343), wettest (1514 mm, next to Halifax's 1491), windiest (24.3 km/h average speed, next to Regina's 20.7), and cloudiest (1497 hours of sunshine, next to Charlottetown's 1818 hours). It also has more days with freezing rain and wet weather than any other city. But the natives are proud of their climate, calling it character-building and invigorating. And they boast that their city happens to have one of the mildest winters in Canada (third mildest city next to Victoria and Vancouver). Perhaps Townies also happen to appreciate a fine weather day more than the rest of Canadians.

Turn that :mad: into a :happy:

angelordevil said:

Turn that :mad: into a :happy:

I suppose I'll have to. :( But as someone who was not born in Newfoundland, I've found the winters very difficult to adjust to. Back in SA, people practically die of hypothermia when the temperature drops down to 10 degrees. Seriously. We put on our heaters when it nears 15.

I like snow. Just not wet snow. :mad: I also don't like shovelling. But then again, who does?

GibsonGirl said:

I suppose I'll have to. :( But as someone who was not born in Newfoundland, I've found the winters very difficult to adjust to. Back in SA, people practically die of hypothermia when the temperature drops down to 10 degrees. Seriously. We put on our heaters when it nears 15.

I like snow. Just not wet snow. :mad: I also don't like shovelling. But then again, who does?

Actually, :mad: best describes the weather tonight, I'll admit, after just driving in it! Damn windy, as well :der: (unofficial wind-blown smiley).

I love it when the seasons are defined...it's the in-between stuff that's horrible. You're actually pretty tough, coming from Africa. I'm sure it would be much easier for me to adjust to a warmer place like that.

windy.gif

:der: <----- actual image of my wind-blown face today in Newfoundland!

I heard it was gusting up past 100kph AOD. Be careful! Though if it were icy you could just let the wind push you ;) Get a free ride

Calm here right now, around -5C or so. It looks like we got a bit of snow last night. Not much, just enough to cover up what had melted Sunday. It's also covered up the ice in the yard. So stepping verrrrry carefully is a must.

It would be pleasant if it weren't for the wind, which is making it quite raw right now. I've always thought -10C was the perfect temperature, but it's rarely not accompanied by a wind. Anywho -21C windchill right now. Wind is picking up and we had some significant snow last night.

tiny dancer said:
Another winter snowstorm is heading this way. I'm so sick of snow, and it's not even half way through winter. :scream:

:wink: I wouldn't mind normally because that would mean a 10am start on my campus, but tomorrow finals starts :scream:
I just want to get my algebra one finished :)

Back
Top Bottom