Here comes the sun...weather part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ophelia is starting to make her presence known. We're under a heavy rainfall warning, we're not going to get as bad winds as Nova Scotia will though. Could get up to 80 to 100mm of rain. I think that's around 4 inches.

Wind is starting to pick up here quite a bit though.

It was a GORGEOUS sunny warm day here in San Diego today! My friend and I walked out on the OB Pier and had lunch at the Cafe out there, watched the surfers and people fishing. It was GLORIOUS!

Ophelia is past us now. She really wasn't as strong as they were saying she was going to be. That's what I usually find with weather dudes. When they make a big fuss over something, nothing usually happens.. but it's when they overlook something and just pass something off as unimportant that you have to watch out!

San Diego had another sunny gorgeous day today. Too bad the sun is setting quicker and earlier these days. Summer's nearly over.

Sorry to hear about the rain and Ophelia. Hope all is well and our fellow U2 fans in those areas are ok.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Hope the weather isn't too bad for you, TheQuiet1.

Thanks. It actually wasn't that bad at all, a bit of a downpur but I've seen far worse when they haven't given a severe weather warning (RB is definitely onto something). There were no thunderstorms. *phew*

Now it's pretty sunny. Been getting colder and darker here at night though. Looks like summer has finally gone.

TheQuiet1 said:
Thanks. It actually wasn't that bad at all, a bit of a downpur but I've seen far worse when they haven't given a severe weather warning (RB is definitely onto something). There were no thunderstorms. *phew*

That's good (and yes, I totally agree with RavenBlue, too) :up:. And glad that Ophelia didn't do nearly as much to the East Coast as people thought it would.

I've just heard about tropical storm Rita, though :|. Jesus...:tsk: :rolleyes:. Hopefully things don't wind up getting too bad for those people :hug:.

It's supposed to be nice here-sunny and around 80 today :).

Angela

Yea. Tropical Storm Rita has come up fast! When I checked yesterday she was only a tropical depression. I hope she steers clear of New Orleans and such!
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
That site has all the info on the storms and you can look at different forecasted tracks, windspeeds and such.

Today here it's bright and sunny and quite pleasant. Hopefully all the hot and humid summer temperatures are done and now the nice and wonderful fall weather can come.

Tomorrow we're supposed to get more rain.

This site is really cool. Shows satiellite pictures of the world. Scroll to the bottom to see a composite picture. The thing I don't quite get with the composite picture is that Europe is dark and you can't see the clouds.. at first I thought it was because it was night, but I just checked it awhile ago and it's still light in places like Ireland and such I think. *shrug* I don't know.

Anyway other than that, as a weather junkie...I think it's a pretty cool site!

Here comes another Hurricane for us!:madspit: It's pretty windy right now and overcast. I hope all of you that are in the Hurricane's cone are staying safe my prayers are with you guys!

RavenBlue said:
Yea. Tropical Storm Rita has come up fast! When I checked yesterday she was only a tropical depression.

*Nods* Yeah, these things seem to just blow up out of nowhere now.

Originally posted by RavenBlue
I hope she steers clear of New Orleans and such!

No kidding-that's just what those people need, another hurricane...

Good luck to all in the Gulf Coast regions :hug:. Take care of yourselves, okay?

Angela

I played 15 holes of golf in beautiful Bend, Oregon weather til I had to go get the kiddies for dinner....God, I love this place...I COULD LIVE HERE!!!!!!!!

According to the minister that I played golf with, the visibility was at least 75 miles......it was so clear....

Puts "we're movin sign" out...:up:

Good ol' fashion thunderstorm last night. Having grown up in the Midwest, it was soothing. :up:

Had to calm my Southern California native children, however. We just don't get many thunderstorms here.

Holy CRIKEY! San Diego was rocked by spectacular lightning and thunder shows last night! The skies lit up and the thunder boomed, it came in off the Pacific which is weird and with it came the softly falling gentle rain. I twas something else tho, for a good 2-3 hours.

nbcrusader said:
Good ol' fashion thunderstorm last night. Having grown up in the Midwest, it was soothing. :up:

You're originally from the Midwest? What state did you live in?

Originally posted by nbcrusader
Had to calm my Southern California native children, however. We just don't get many thunderstorms here.

LOL, yeah, my dad lived in California as a kid, and he's said similar things.

We haven't really had much in the way of storms here lately-had the occasional rain shower from time to time, but no storms. That could change later this week, as they're forecasting storms toward the weekend.

Today, though, it's gonna be sunny and in the mid 80s-one of our warmer days as of late. But then tomorrow we'll go right back into the 60s for highs, and showers as well.

Hope that those of you who are going to get storms don't have to deal with too nasty a storm.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom