Here comes the sun...weather part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
70 degrees and sunny:drool: tonight is suppose to be in the low 40's high 30's...good for snuggling under the down blankets:drool:

Bit of a bad storm earlier on, hailstones (some of them were coming down in clusters of the 'bigger than golf balls' variety), heavy rain and a little bit of thunder and lightning.

But, hailstones apart, it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be (there had been weather warnings on TV). Just hope there won't be/hasn't been any flash floods in the north again.

It's brightened up nicely now though.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Also, I wonder how this may affect the VMAs this weekend? I know those are going on in Miami...

Angela

Well from what i know The VMAs are still on the only things that have been cancelled are the "Hotel MTV" parties going on today. I wonder what will happen later on

It's fecking hot in the OC today!!!!!

Temps04.gif

prisz25 said:
Well from what i know The VMAs are still on the only things that have been cancelled are the "Hotel MTV" parties going on today. I wonder what will happen later on

Ah, okay. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do. I feel bad for the people who have to coordinate the awards show-seems every year something crazy happens with the show, technical problems, weather problems, people don't show up, things are getting prepared at the last possible minute...talk about stress.

I heard three people have died in that storm now :(. Hope everyone else down there is doing okay :hug:.

Interesting day today here-got into the low to mid 70s, was partly cloudy most of the day...then around 5 pm or so, clouds rolled in and some light rain came through our area, and north and east of here people were getting some thunderstorms, and the wind picked up and it suddenly got very chilly. The temperature rapidly dropped into the low 60s, hung there for a bit, then dropped further into the upper 50s...and that was by, like, 7, 8 pm. It felt a lot like October.

Clear now, though-the rain and storms have moved well away from our area. And it's 46 degrees.

Angela

Sunny, upper 70s/low 80s. Blue sky as far as the eye can see :D. It's a lovely day.

Heh, odd thing this morning, though-was watching the Weather Channel, and according to that forecast, they were saying it would get up into the upper 80s today, and then suddenly cool off into the 30s this evening and we'd have a wintry mix or something, and it'd get down to 27 for our low tonight. But when I mentioned it to my dad when he came home from work, he said he didn't get any forecasts like that for the station, and the National Weather Service site isn't saying anything about a wintry mix. So I'm guessing it must've been some goof-up on the Weather Channel's part, then, or something? Maybe due in part to the place being so busy with Katrina overload that some goof-up in the system happened?

I dunno. It was just really weird. And it'd be even weirder if that forecast actually happened today :huh:.

Angela

it's cold here, even though it's august and supposedly summer. :down: i'm kinda glad it's not ridiculously hot anymore though so i shouldn't moan about the cold.

tiny dancer said:
I want some sun. :grumpy:

Ok you can have mine, but you have to take the 100 degree heat index with it.:drool:
( that's not drool - it's sweat and heat exhaustion.)

Oh and we've been put in the trajectory for possible landfall of Katrina today...
You have to take that too.. Wanna change your mind? :wink:

Heh, yep, 'twas a goof-up with that snow forecast yesterday, as it did not get anywhere near the 30s for temperatures and no snow came. It was a beautifully sunny day yesterday :).

Still was an amusing thought for a brief time, though, the idea of snow falling in August...

Same thing again today-sunshine, but a bit warmer-mid to upper 80s expected for highs.

Hope everyone in the Gulf Coast areas are getting prepared for Katrina...news doesn't look good about her...take care, guys :hug:. And hope people in Florida are going to be able to get back to their regular lives very soon.

Angela

i hate it when people get mad at so.cali because we complain about the weather. it's supposed to be 75 and sunny all the time here, and god knows we pay for it. we have the right to complain :angry:

It's warm here again, though there is a good breeze going. Without that I imagine it would still be as warm as it was yesterday :madspit:

Going to start getting some showers and eventually rain later in the week.

It's rainy&windy here on the west coast of Scotland tonite, altho it's thankfully nowhere near to being as bad as what's happening across the Atlantic :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom