Here comes the sun...weather part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MsMofoGone said:
Just found out that my parents vacation home in Southern WI was slightly damaged ... as tree branches were lying around in the back yard and the gutters blew off the house, also some windows were broken and some roof damage as well ... but overall, the house survived !! Luckily, my parents were not there on vacation ... they were back home in Illinois.

Oh, wow. Thank goodness it's stuff that can be repaired easily, though, and especially good to hear your parents are okay :hug:. I feel so bad for those people.

Originally posted by MsMofoGone
They are only 20 miles from Stoughton, WI. were there was a report of an F4 tornado that went through last night ... :sad:

Yeah. I've seen the footage of the storm on the Weather Channel...hello...:ohmy:. That was one wicked-looking storm. I especially was amazed by the fact that one of the tornadoes shown, along with the surrounding sky, was about the same color as the ground-really green/brownish type. That's...kinda disturbing :huh:. And of course, seen the footage of the damage, too...god, that's so sad :tsk:. Sad to hear someone was killed, too :(.

And now it looks today like Kansas is having similar weather-hope those guys are doing all right, too. I know somebody who lives in northeastern Kansas, around in the area where some of the tornado warnings are...I hope she's doing all right :uhoh:.

No tornadic storms here, far cry from last Friday. They took any storm chances out of our forecast today, actually :). It got up into the mid 70s for our high today, and it's an absolutely gorgeous day outside-blue sky, white puffy clouds, sunshine, a nice breeze...it's perfect. And this weekend's supposed to be nice, too-sunny and reasonable temperatures :up:. Bit of heat on Monday and that, but it won't last long.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Oh, wow. Thank goodness it's stuff that can be repaired easily, though, and especially good to hear your parents are okay :hug:.

Yeah, the folks are alright !! :bow:
Just heard from them about 2 hrs. ago, couldn't respond earlier since I'm working right now ... had to wait for my lunch hour !! :tsk:
It turns out that we lost our shed (it was designed as a barn) ...
I guess the overall structure was NOT sturdy or strong enough to handle those high winds ... My father is rather upset as he lost everything in the shed ... all his tools, the patio furniture, and lawn equipment (snow blower, lawn mower, garden hose, sprinklers etc.) plus they had a golf cart for driving around the estate, and two 10 speed Schwinn bicycles inside there too ... :sad:
Oh well, at least the house is alright ... the damage to the roof is minor ... the windows needed to be boarded up for right now since the glass company can't come out til Monday. My folks are gonna stay up there til then just to watch out for the property as there is looting going on in their area ... What a shame, some people have to resort to that !! And after others lose belongings because of the storm (winds) in general !! :(
But the local law enforcers are NOT saying it was a tornado in Milton (where my parent's vacation home is) just that there were very high winds that caused all that damage besides the F4 tornado in Stoughton ... :ohmy:
Tonight back in Illinois ... it is calm, and slightly cooler ... the Low will reach 74 with possible thunderstorms developing after midnight !!

Humid (89%) Hot 95 degrees & 105 heat index - the way it feels on your skin - 2000 degrees while driving w/no a/c & stopped at multiple intersections..
*need a melting smiley here*but this one will do :combust:

Humid and sunny today. Humidex in the low 30's. The weather network says there's a 30% chance of thundershowers but enviornment Canada says there is no chance. So I guess that probably means there's a 10% chance or something right ;)

That's good to hear, MsMofoGone :). Sorry you lost your shed, though, and that your father lost all that stuff :(. But thankfully, at least, that stuff can be replaced. And good that it was just high winds, and that no major damage was done to the house, either (that sucks about some people worrying about looters, though-honestly, they've been through enough, what kind of a creep would add to their troubles by stealing their stuff? I don't understand why people think that's cute or funny to do that. Idiots).

Anywho, as for our weather here, sunny today, but will be hot-94 for our expected high. Chance of storms tonight, and there's a chance of them throughout most of the week. But it'll also cool down again with the rain coming in, back into the 70s and low 80s for highs by mid week.

Angela

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
That's good to hear, MsMofoGone :). Sorry you lost your shed, though, and that your father lost all that stuff :(. But thankfully, at least, that stuff can be replaced. And good that it was just high winds, and that no major damage was done to the house, either

Yeah according to my folks, things are definitely better now as the insurance is gonna reimburse for all the damage and missing items :applaud: I guess it pays to have home owner's insurance from a Wisconsin company, as our Illinois insurance company would have NEVER covered the losses completely.

Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
(that sucks about some people worrying about looters, though-honestly, they've been through enough, what kind of a creep would add to their troubles by stealing their stuff? I don't understand why people think that's cute or funny to do that. Idiots).

Exactly, but that's not a problem anymore since the National Guard have been called in,
and you know what their policy is ... shoot first, and ask questions last ... so I think those looters won't be around for long ... :up:
Also, now that the repairs have been completed on the gutters, windows and roof of their vacation home, my parents are making the trip later today back here to Illinois. I'm so-ooo glad everything is alright now with the house !! :wink:

The weather today was alot cooler around 70 and tonight is gonna be cooler with the Low in the upper 50's !! Thank Goodness ... it's about time we get some fall weather for once !! :bow:

Last edited:
Sunny around 21 with a humidex of 25. Fairly pleasant. Last night there was a storm in Nova Scotia and one further north in my province. They both had mid level rotation aka.. the chance for funnel clouds and tornadoes :huh: :yikes:

We're not supposed to get that kind of weather here!

Supposed to be around 80 today here for our high :). And nice, too, overall-just a chance of some isolated storms tonight.

Tomorrow's supposed to be lovely, too-highs in the 70s and sunny! :D :up:.

Heard about the new tropical storm near Florida-:hug:s to all in that area, hope things won't get real nasty for you guys when it comes through later this week.

Angela

Hurricane Watch for us Floridians...Here we go again more rain!!!:huh: It's not raining yet where i live but I bet in about 2 hours it will. !!!!

Yeah, it's not looking like a good weekend for you Floridians :(. Again, hoping that things won't get too bad for you guys there. Just follow orders, take shelter, all that good stuff :up:.

Also, I wonder how this may affect the VMAs this weekend? I know those are going on in Miami...

In other weather news, it's been an absolutely lovely day here :up:. Wound up geting into the mid 70s for our high.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom