Here comes the sun...weather part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tiny dancer said:
We got the cold weather this morning with a low of 36 degrees. I had to turn on my furnace this morning to take a shower.

LOL, oh, wow.

I love winter weather, but yes, wandering around a freezing house before you get ready to take a shower (or even after) is...kind of sucky :p.

Originally posted by tiny dancer
We are go get your warm weather until next Wednesday, and then the cold spell will heading this way.

Oh, yeah? The warm weather must be on its way to you now, because it's not warm here today-last I saw our temperature was 58 degrees. Showers expected tonight, rain tomorrow as well, and it'll be cool (don't remember what our exact temperature will be). And last I saw, on Tuesday, it's supposed to be in the mid 40s for a high, and we could see a rain and snow mix, along with some wind...so if that happens, yeah, cold would definitely be the appropriate word for the weather you'll get after Wednesday :p.

And then after that cold weather and rain and snow passes, it'll warm back up into the 60s and 70s by the end of the week here :shrug:.

Angela

It is 61 degrees and sunny, but rain showers could come in later today or tonight.

Tomorrow, won't even reach 50 for a high, and it'll still be raining (and again, some forecasts are still calling for that rain to mix with snow, and my dad says tomorrow night it could change over to all snow :hyper:!).

Angela

It's gonna be warm in San Diego this week, it's our annual Indian Summer. Cools off at night tho, especially the marine layer that comes in off the Pacific.

Lovely and warm again here. I expect this will likely last until the weekend, when a big storm is supposed to move through.. then I think we'll be done to more fall-like temps. But it depends on where the jet stream moves.. if anywhere at all.

Well, we're now under a winter storm warning here. It's 38 degrees right now and just raining, but we're expected to see snow later today and throughout the night tonight-4 to 6 inches could fall here, they're saying. Granted, it'll all be gone by the weekend, as our highs will bounce back up into the 70s by then, but I'm still hoping we get some snow tonight :D.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Well, we're now under a winter storm warning here. It's 38 degrees right now and just raining, but we're expected to see snow later today and throughout the night tonight-4 to 6 inches could fall here, they're saying. Granted, it'll all be gone by the weekend, as our highs will bounce back up into the 70s by then, but I'm still hoping we get some snow tonight :D.

Angela

I saw this on the Weather Channel about snow heading your way. Is this normal for this time of the year?

tiny dancer said:
I saw this on the Weather Channel about snow heading your way. Is this normal for this time of the year?

Heh, actually, yeah, it is-my dad's talked to people who've lived here for many years and they say this is quite common :). We can technically see snow anytime between September and June out here, apparently (it's most common from March through May, though)-the records show that snow has fallen in all months within that time period.

Last year we had our first snowfall in October, too-I think it was more toward the middle of the month, don't recall it being this early.

Right now, as I look out the window, the snow/rain/sleet/what have you is falling-just started within the last half hour or so, and it's becoming more steady. It's not too bad yet, at least not here-still fairly good visiblity outside, but that could change very soon if this keeps up.

And now they're saying 5 to 8 inches of snow is possible here, and it'll likely be blowing and drifting about, too, later tonight. Temperature's now fallen to 36 degrees, too, and will continue to drop-low tonight's expected to be in the upper 20s.

The thing that weirds me out the most is that it's so bizarre to sit here and see that it's in the 80s in places like Nebraska and Iowa and Illinois, and just a little ways west, people in this area are getting snow, and lots of it.

Angela

You want to talk about SEVERE WEATHER???

So Cal has severe weather alerts. It will be hot and windy.

It will be a pandemic of bad hair day across the Southland.....

LOL, nbcrusader. *Is imagining various people wandering around with their hair all over the place :p*

It's somewhere in the low to mid 30s here, last I saw. Snow's stopped falling, and it's just gonna be partly cloudy the rest of the day, and cold.

It does NOT look like early October outside :D.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom