Herb Ritts Dies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/12/26/ritts.obit.ap/index.html

Celebrity photographer Herb Ritts dies
Thursday, December 26, 2002 Posted: 6:02 PM EST (2302 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Herb Ritts, a leading fashion and celebrity photographer, died Thursday of complications of pneumonia, his publicist said. He was 50.

Ritts, whose pictures helped define the image-conscious 1980s and '90s, died at the University of California, Los Angeles, Medical Center, publicist Stephen Huvane said.

Ritts' access to celebrities, even at their most fragile moments, gave him an edge in the competitive world of photography. He photographed Christopher Reeve, wired up and immobile in a high-tech wheelchair. In another photograph, Elizabeth Taylor sported a crew cut and the scar resulting from her brain surgery.

That's horrible. To be so young...

He was always my favourite photographer. Sad news. :(

He was a great photographer and made some incredible music videos. Such a tragedy.

Very sad indeed. He used to have a house here in New Mexico and I know a lot of people who used to know him. Everyone who knew him seemed to love him.:sad:

RIP

ritts.jpg

Yes, he was very very talented. My fiancee worked with him a number of times and we were actually up in the woods when the story came out.

Very sad.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Shania T. A. is what I call her. That's right. She's all about tits and ass.
Oh and I had the delight of getting the Rolling Stone mag yesterday to see in all her tits and ass glory.:no: :barf:

Back
Top Bottom