Henry Rollins UNAPPRECIATION thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halifax

The Fly
That's right people! Leave any form of rational thought at the door as I invite you to spew forth hatred at the tattooed poetry reading freak who decicated a portion of his life to spewing forth hatred at U2! :mac:

NOTE: This is all just a bit of fun and sarcasm so PLEASE don't take it too seriously!

Last edited:
4615da2f.jpg

You are going to make him doing anything at all? I've seen your pic Aardvark. :wink:

Basically he thinks U2 is an overrated talentless band that had great producers. He especially has a dislike for Bono.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Heh, Henry Rollins... what a wanker...

Here's my salute to the biggest douchebag in music.

200px-Middle_finger.JPG

A fine salute

U2 are better than the Rollins band so whats the problem ??

BONO'ppetit said:
Who the hell is he

He was a member of the insanely influential and much copied 80's hardcore punk group, Black Flag.

Oh yeah, and he had the solo hit from the 90's "Liar". That song was pretty awesome. :up:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

He was a member of the insanely influential and much copied 80's hardcore punk group, Black Flag.

Oh yeah, and he had the solo hit from the 90's "Liar". That song was pretty awesome. :up:
Like I said, who the hell is he!
bored.gif

So being clueless is a desirable trait? No wonder he hates U2 and U2 fans....

I respect Rollin's for his directness. As such, he would probably be quite amused if we came up with some good witty insults and e-mailed the bests ones to him.

Thus far, I don't see to much evidence of wit on this thread however.

financeguy said:
I respect Rollin's for his directness. As such, he would probably be quite amused if we came up with some good witty insults and e-mailed the bests ones to him.

Thus far, I don't see to much evidence of wit on this thread however.
Oh no, did you hear that everyone? We're not worthy. Let us all go slit our wrists in shame. How's next week at 4 sound?

BONO'ppetit said:
Oh no, did you hear that everyone? We're not worthy. Let us all go slit our wrists in shame. How's next week at 4 sound?

Actually that's quite a good one. We could e-mail Rollins telling him we're going to slit our wrists as we're not worthy. He would appreciate the black humour.

BONO'ppetit said:
Please. Stop. You're hurting my feelings with your witty come-backs.

It really wasn't meant to be witty. I just generally felt your viewpoint of "I think he's not important, so he must not be" to be extremely ironic considering that's pretty much the exact same view he has on U2 that's supposedly so "unfair". Maybe that's not how you actually felt, but that's the way I took it from your response. I apologize if I too made a generalization.

I obviously understand that this is a U2 forum and most people here have no interest or knowledge in the "hardcore" genre, but at the same time it should only be expected that someone from the "hardcore" genre would also not have much interest in U2 or the type of music they play.

I'm really not sticking up for Henry Rollins, because a lot of what he's said has been somewhat ignorant and upset me in the past also. That being said, I can and do completely respect him for the work and tremendous amount of influence he has had in his own realm of music. :up:

Last edited:
Completely agree with u2popmofo there! As much as I don't give a shit about Rollins or his un-provoked comments and jabs at U2, it's the narrowmindedness of certain U2 fans that prompts people like Rollins to even make comments. I'm not at all assuming that anybody specific who has posted here is narrowminded but the 'who is he anyway if he doesn't like u2' and 'u2 is the greatest and everyone else is inferior' kinda worshipping attitude is what puts people off in the first place. And they end up making comments without even giving the music a chance.

I didn't really see you give an opinion, though I suppose it could be implied from your sarcasm? :shrug: Have you ever heard any music by Henry Rollins?

HeartlandGirl said:
I didn't really see you give an opinion, though I suppose it could be implied from your sarcasm? :shrug: Have you ever heard any music by Henry Rollins?
It's called freedom of speech. And yes, I've heard his crap on KISW in Seattle. It sucks. My opinion.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion on Henry Rollins. I'm just saying that writing "Who is he?" isn't really an opinion.

Freedom of speech won't feed my children. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom