henry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
"there once was a boy named henry he lived in a pretty town with lots of pretty people and lots of pretty houses

he had more than enough money, he had more than enough friends, his family loved him and he couldnt imagine a better life for himself

he then decided to have a girlfriend

so, he asked out a lovely girl named rachelle

the two of them dated for a while

and henry was happy

so very happy

this was the pinaccle of his life, he thought

then one day, he got a bad feeling

something was wrong

there was something wrong

so, henry decided to buy several gifts ammounting to about 50
it was too late

"henry, im sorry"

"it was nice, your a great guy, but its just not working"

"were just not clicking"

henry felt like his heart fell to the floor

and it did, rhetorically

together they walked over to where henry had his gifts

he gave them to her, she refused at first, but eventually accepted

they hugged goodbye

and they never dated again

henry was moved

forever scared by the event

and found it difficult to move on, but he did

but a few years down the road

henry watched other couples go through the ups and downs of their relationships

and he thought to himself

"if you subtract all the bad times away from the good times, the high of first dating her to the crushing loss of losing her, is it still worth it to both of them after all is said and done?"

he never knew

henry then digressed

everything he saw didnt make sense

snuggling, flirting, hugging and definately kissing

why are they doing that, i mean really?

what does that mean?

cant they express their love in a verbal form?

what is with this hormonal urge to touch our partner and connect with them in such a way?

he never understood

so, as the years went by

henry destroyed his hormones by sweepign them under the carpet

the more restraint he used, the easier it went down the road

each year was easier and easier

finally, he had no urge whatsoever

and he was happy

but then there was another problem

henry found himself

argueing with everyone, being bothered by petty matters that made him hate him himself for it later on

so he became neutral

or so he strived anyway

at first it was hard

but eventually, henry discovered neutrality to be a blessing, where he could simply let an arguement go. henry never got too excited and never too low, henry just was.

and henry lived to be a 90 year old man

henry, in his life, had many friends, many good memories, but they were all known to him as he was by himself. henry was an independant man, a caring man, but he was not a "loving" man.

but henry was a happy man.

or so he made himself believe.

the end

lilly, im stupid, i have no idea what your asking, please rephrase it in a language i can understand.

wanderer, in the dating scene, it is impossible to have a relationship without the sex. or marriage without it too, is what im also saying.

well actually, im not saying anything at all. or at least nothing to sensible to most people.

i just felt like writing something to someone on messenger tonite, they asked for a story i wrote it, then copied and pasted it here.

alright, i think you put it right.

it IS possible to have a long lasting relationship with a member of the opposite sex without the physical desires, or at least without acting on them, AND i think that that can be natural too.

i remember hearing that frienships are even more fascinating than relationships with a significant other cause a relationship relies to a degree some physical attention, while friendships dont require that, theyre happy purely at an interaction level that doesnt include physical attention.

longest sentance ever.

im not typing for style here, sorry.

Zoomerang96 said:
lilly, im stupid, i have no idea what your asking, please rephrase it in a language i can understand.

Yeah me too!

That was a very lovely story bear.

physical attention :drool:

i'm literature-bound. pun totally intended.

Zoomerang96 said:

you said it, not me. :sexywink:

allegorical..as in you are making an allusion to something. as in you are clearly referring to something more personal, as clearly you are. but since you used a different character and/or plot, it became an allegory.

Last edited:
oh i see what your saying, thanks for clearing that up.

as for answering your question, uh

well

uh

maybe.

i take nothing forgranted not even the actions of love. it makes no sense to me.

i mean, to dumb that up, i guess i could ask "WHY are breasts so attractive to men?"

there is absolutely no reason for it, they just are.

and i find that odd.

and hard.

Zoomerang96 said:

"if you subtract all the bad times away from the good times, the high of first dating her to the crushing loss of losing her, is it still worth it to both of them after all is said and done?"

It's all worth it. :heart:
Remember that tired, old saying, its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

I was about to ask, "did Henry chop her head off in the end?"

Then I was going to give the example, "Leonard and Virginia Woolf had a celibate marriage"

But remembered, "Then again, Virginia killed herself."

Oh well, I loved the style of your story. Very much. Incredibly.

f.

In response to the serious element of your thread bear, the physical aspect of a relationship is only at its significant highest at the start. It levels out and you find a pattern the relationship is comfortable with after a while, and physical stuff doesn't matter as much as it once did.

Dont become too jaded. The honeymoon ends eventually.

Back
Top Bottom