Help with REM albums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay, I'm going to an REM concert this Saturday. I am pretty much familiar with everything from Document album onwards. But I don't really know Murmur, Reckoning, Fables of Reconstruction or Life's rich pageant. Which album should I buy in preparation for the concert? I know they play a lot of older material, and I don't want to be lost when they do this. I've tried downloading some of the songs from their setlists that I don't know, but a lot of them are so obscure that nobody even has them. Anyone who can help would be appreciated.

BTW.......this thread will be moved in 2 hours or less.

Murmer is my favorite REM album, with Reckoning coming in at #2.

Both of those are great, but I dont know if they'll play songs from them or not.

The_acrobat said:
BTW.......this thread will be moved in 2 hours or less.

If you know that you are posting in the wrong forum, please make an effort to post it in the correct forum.

Thanks. :)

Murmer and Life's Rich Pageant are probably my two favorite REM albums. Buy them and have no worries.

Life's Rich Pageant is absolutely essential, and in my opinion is the best work they did in the 80s. "Fall on Me," "I Believe," "Swan Swan H(ummingbird)"...you can't go wrong with the whole album, really. I would also get Murmur if you don't have it.

Oddly, I dont care too much for Life's Rich Pageant.

I have weird REM tastes, I love UP and hate Reveal, etc, etc.

Murmur and Life's Rich Pageant are my two favorites from their early years,but their all very good.

Life's Rich Pageant is my favorite 80s R.E.M. album. Get it, then Murmur, then whatever the hell looks good to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom