Help with music Genre....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ok, here's the deal. My friend is going to film school and he is doing a short film, he has asked me to get all the music together for it, but everytime I try and find this genre, its not what Im looking for. What I am looking for is music that would be from something like the movie " willow" or the mystics in " the dark crystal, you know something with Fairies, wizards, stuff like that, but I keep getting all this Middle eastern music. Anyone know if there is a name for this music?

I know a lot of fantasy type movies use a lot of sorta world music or new agey music....ahh Adiemus is project by a composer, mixing african music with western classical influences and all that...maybe even Enya i guess would fit...

Ahh sorry I dont think i'm helping much:huh:

New Age stuff...Like Lorenna McKennitt (so not the right spelling!)

You want like pan flutes and schizz or what?

HelloAngel said:
New Age stuff...Like Lorenna McKennitt (so not the right spelling!)

You want like pan flutes and schizz or what?

yeah, stuff like that. and if you have ever seen " the dark crystal" also fast stuff like the little poddlin people were dancing and drinking to.

Minstrels and bards and what not?..if you type in Medieval music into limewire or whatever something is bound to come up..also some Irish trad stuff might be worth givin a go.

a Brian Eno-type soundtrack wouldn't work would it?

David Bowie's Warzscawa would be pretty sweet to use.

LemonMacPhisto said:
a Brian Eno-type soundtrack wouldn't work would it?

David Bowie's Warzscawa would be pretty sweet to use.

nah, it has to be instrumental, Im just trying to listen to as many songs as I can, cause Im scoring the music for it, plus we would never be able to get the rights to the songs by those artists.

DeadMansParty said:

nah, it has to be instrumental, Im just trying to listen to as many songs as I can, cause Im scoring the music for it, plus we would never be able to get the rights to the songs by those artists.

ooo, ok.

you always have the most interesting projects going on, Ricky. let us know how this one turns out. :up:

BluRmGrl said:
you always have the most interesting projects going on, Ricky. let us know how this one turns out. :up:

I sure will, its gonna take me about a month probably, but I'll post some samples when I get it done.

Back
Top Bottom