Help!!- On a serious note I need some relationship advice- guys more than welcome!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I thought that I might turn to my Interference family for a bit of advice on this one, so here goes....

I am completely head over heals for a friend of mine- he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and over the last couple of months or so I have found my feelings for him grow- we have heaps in common and I sense that we both highly regard our own space and who we are....we have 'been' together on and off since about August last year but it has only been lately that I have developed feelings for him and I really dont know what to do- I dont want a full on 24/7 relationsip with him but I want something more than what is happening now- but how do you tell a guy this- I really dont want to scare him and I guess I really want him to know how much I care about him- with other guys that I have out with I have never been so cautious- I guess because I have not really cared whether it worked out or not, however with this guy I really dont want to stuff it up---please help!!! anyone with some insightful hints and tips will be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

be careful hey. if you dont want to hurt his feelings u may have to choose one way or the other. unless he is completely ok with a casual type relationship that is. it would be a shame for him to end up falling for u and u not wanting what he wants out of the relationship.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

OzAurora, I understand what yer going through, because I was just in the exact same situation with a girl. We went out on a "friend date", and had a really great time. The conversation drifted to the topic of dating, and how neither of us were seeing anybody. We kinda start walking a little closer that evening, occasionally putting our arms around each other, and then I took her to see a chick flick she really wanted to see....the one with Mandy Moore. This got her.

I tell you this story just so you can see one approach in practice. You could always just kiss him out of nowhere. If you are as good of a friend to him as you say you are, then I'm sure he's explored the idea of dating you. Depending on your age, most guys don't want a serious relationship right away anyhow. That's true in Australia, America or anywhere else...except countries with arranged marriage.....but anyhow.

Just become more flirty with him. Wear tight and slightly revealing clothes, but still maintain your dignity. Talk about other guys you might like to make him jealous. It will work. A girl once came on to me by saying "If you can guess within 20 how many pieces of candy are in this bag, I'll give you 5 blowjobs anytime, on command." You don't want to do anything like this...guys don't respect that. A guy might like the idea of a blowjob whenever he wants, but he has no respect for the girl.

So to sum this up; Sexy yourself up, flirt, make him jealous, get his respect and just kinda ease your way in there.

Be very careful. Sometimes you're wrong about those types of feelings and you come very close to ruining those important friendships. I'm not trying to be negative here. Relationships that start in that way are often the most successful. Just be really really really sure because there are some risks involved.

Thanks for the advice guys- I am now maybe wondering that I hope he does respect me- as I have already slept with him- I am sure that he does- anyway I have kinda figured out that I do need to tell him how I feel- just for myself- I know that he is a very shy guy so maybe, just maybe he might be feeling the same way and to shy to say so, but anyway if he dosnt have the same feelings back for me, then there is nothing I can do about it but just get on with things and hope that we can still be great friends
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom