Help Needed - Cheap Flights to U.S.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:eyebrow:

Check yer countries one and only airline- www.aircanada.com

or there are tons of other sites like travelocity.com etc... cheaptickets.com

:scratch: I think they are all in USD and you usually have to be a US resident.

i have flown standby plenty. however i have done it w/ delta airlines and they are no longer allowing standby for their passengers at least so they say, i have seen it on a few flights were they are still allowing it but most are not. anyway if you want to catch an earlier or later flight than what you are scheduled for w/in a 3 hrs. time window of your original departure w/ delta, there will be a $25 change fee. if you are changing it and it is more than 3 hrs of your original departure, you will have to pay $100 for the change fee.

Last edited:
it depends on how soon you want to leave the airport. ;) i fly standby when i am ready to get the hell out of the cities i am visiting for business. i always show up 2 hrs before my flight and when i check in at the delta kiosks it will give you an option to change your flight. if you are flying a different airline just go up to the ticket counter when you check your baggage in and let them know you want to fly standby for a different flight. they will tell you if there are seats available. i know american airlines allows standby. i don't know about Air Canada.

I only fly standby - mainly because I work for an airline and if we want to travel W/benefits, this is how we have to fly.

If you plan on just showing up to the airport without a ticket, hoping for a cheap flight - forget it. Walk-up tickets are one of the most expensive type of tickets you can get.

Airline seat pricing is a WEIRD thing - some odd mathematical equation way over the heads of most of us. But each seat has a price - and more than not, the really cheap ones are gone usually two weeks or more before the flight.

Back
Top Bottom