Help me stop smoking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay, I'm to the point where I'm ready to quit. MY friends and I all smoked in high school and stuff, just to be cool or whatever. But they've all stopped, and I'm the only one still smoking out of my immediate circle of friends. I'm 22, and I'll be getting married probably next year sometime, and I don't want to be a smoker by then. My girlfriend is constantly bitching at me to stop, but I always just use excuses like "I'm addicted, it's not as easy as you think." But really, I just never really wanted to stop.

But this whole week, I've had a sore throat. Tonight, I went out with a bunch of friends, and I could hardly speak because I'm so hoarse. It was no fun. But in spite of my sore throat, I still smoked my usual amount, making it worse. So I've reached the point where I just feel like crap. I don't feel able to be quite as phsycially active as I used to be, and as a result I've put on some weight. But it won't be easy to stop, and any advice any of you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm determined to stop. Please Help!!!

My dad quit using Nicorette gum and a friend of mine quit by using a patch. Both of them have been non smokers for at least 5 years.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom