Help me name our new puppy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
I am adding a male Golden Retriever to our family, he is 9 weeks old. Does anyone have any name recommendations? He is very blonde/creamy in coloring. One name on our list is Astro. :huh:

Bow...my old dog when I was 5 was called Bow...i've actually always thought it was a cool name.

Surprisingly Bow sounds very masculine to me......

I liked naming my pets after artists. One day I want to buy 2 Collies and name them Dali and Goya.

Currently my dog is Samson, because of the long hair. :wink:

JCOSTER said:

:evil:

Family said Bono is out, I did think of Sparky!

I had a dog named Sparky.....why I came up with that name was because I got him July 4th.

I have two dogs now...Spike {has steel blue eyes} aka Silver Blue Cinder, and Lightning.

I have no idea of a name....to me it's something one has to judge for themselves...perhaps a trait which the dog has...something unique which comes to mind. Sorry I could not help but your dog sounds "pretty".

:)

I like to delve into various mythologies for names. Some great names -- Zues, Thor, Apollo, Odin, Shiva.... Lots of great stuff. :yes:

Someday, my retriever's name is going to be Radar.

Other names I like: Jazz/Jazzy, Tango, Ramses, Dash, Remi

Watch a dog show re-run. There's always lots of ideas! Or, go to petfinder.com and browse through pets for adoption. Every pet has a given pet name.

You could be sneaky and call him Paul. :evil:

I tend to look for names that might have a meaning or are connected to something I care about. Like let say "king" for MLK.
Could be reall people, great characters out of a story, book or movie, role models, maybe a name used in a song that has special meaning to me and such.

(I want to call my next kitty Rosa after Rosa Parks.)

Enjoy your puppy! A new pet is so much fun! They're so dang cute.
Any chance we could see a pic of him?

Last edited:
thankyou said:
You could be sneaky and call him Paul. :evil:

I tend to look for names that might have a meaning or are connected to something I care about. Like let say "king" for MLK.
Could be reall people, great characters out of a story, book or movie, role models, maybe a name used in a song that has special meaning to me and such.

(I want to call my next kitty Rosa after Rosa Parks.)

Enjoy your puppy! A new pet is so much fun! They're so dang cute.
Any chance we could see a pic of him?

haven't picked him up yet, but I will post a picture as soon as I can!

Congrats JCOSTER! The fun begins.....
Our neighbors' g. retriever is named Clark. Fits him to a "T".

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Other names I like: Jazz/Jazzy, Tango, Ramses, Dash, Remi

Our Boston Terrier's name is Jazz (Jazzy is her nickname). Great name!! I like Tango too! :)

Keep'em coming: My kids like sports to I thought:

Dallas would be kinda cool, we already had a Yankee. And I also thought of Yogi. What do ya think?

Back
Top Bottom