help me interferencers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beegee

Neon Zebra
when i hook up my digital camera to my computer, an icon should pop up which lets me view the images and drag them to my desktop. for some reason, this icon no longer appears. where is it? what can i do?

keep in mind, i have an imac, so i cannot 'right click' anything. :wink:

Yikes, that's what I would have suggested.

When I plug in my camera I can go to the drives and the camera makes its own drive, and from there I can access the pictures.

You have to have drives, even though its a mac. :reject:

no 'my computer' like thing (that was what i was referring to)

i suppose you can do the 'check if the thing really is stuck inside the usb port' thing

sorry I couldn't be more help

Try re-installing the camera software (if you have some installed).

Reboot your computer, re-plug in the camera after you do all this.

You can also try doing a search on your computer for the name of that icon and see if it maybe went somewhere else.

i really don't understand what the fug is going on.
but thanks for the suggestions everyone.
i think i'll have someone come look at it tomorrow.

have you checked your extension settings? I haven't used a mac in years, but maybe something got turned off in the extensions?

Try this..

I know the easiest way to do it on a pc is to update the drivers associated with it, but it has been years since I played with a Mac. I have xp loaded on a P4 so it is pretty easy..when uninstalled the right drivers automatically are re-installed by windows..and it it installs the external removable drive (g: in my case) as a removable disk drive automatically when I plug in the camera and turn it on and to "pc", and I load what pictures I wish to keep. I didn't load any software for the camera.

Do you have a drivers management console of some sort on your mac?

Check to see if you have a driver conflict or IRQ conflict with your USB port.

Go to wherever your drivers are managed and check to see if your USB is correctly set up and active. Uninstall and reinstall the drivers if necessary.

If your camera is loaded up as a hardware imaging source on your drivers tree update the drivers. It is best to get them from the manufacturer for your device and to see if there are additional tweaks you need to do for it to show up.

Check your USB cable.

Check to see if it is connected properly to your motherboard, inside.

Check to see if your digital camera is set to "computer" and on.

Check your camera batteries.

thanks, klaus.
it turned out that the usb cable was frayed at the very end.
yes, even i am capable of falling victim to dumb blonde syndrome once in a while.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom