Help me - I dont know what to do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel of Harlem

Babyface
hello everyone!
i used to be a regular to these messages boards, but times change & i got very busy, but i do still remember how great all you guys were & I need your advice.
18 months ago i decided to take a 'year out' & go to teach English in a village in Tanzania with an organisation for 8 months. But a lot changes in that space of time! i now have a boyfriend, Marc, whom i cant imagine leaving for so long, but i dont want to regret not going, but also dont want to regret going - its very expensive & probably once in a lifetime!
WHAT WOULD BONO SAY?
my attitude 18 months ago was 'At 16 you think you can change the world.... and sometimes your right.' and now i'm 'stuck in a moment'!
if anyone does know where i could reach Bono dont hesitate to tell me! Desperate times...

TAHNKYOU SO MUCH!
Emma.

------------------
Bono + Fudge - Spoon = Fun

screw what bono would say

its an opportunity of a lifetime

weigh the positives and negatives, then decide

but if your b/f is right for you, im sure he would be supportive of you, and be there when you get back

oh Emma, that's such a tough decision. i dont think my advice can be of any help but I'm sure what you choose to do will lead to opportunity no matter what..

tell you what I can try, if you're serious about the Bono thing
biggrin.gif

i just found out that a girl at my school (who isnt even really a U2 fan and boy am i peeved at the moment but thats besides the point...) got backstage passes to hang out with U2 from her boyfriend. she knew how big a U2 fan I was so she said she could try and get something signed by the band for me if I wanted. maybe I could get her to give Bono something from you...
I'm not saying this will work, it's a long shot but she's meeting them this Friday so........
if you wanna you can e-mail me at DMBfree16@aol.com or post it here

or i may have taken the Bono thing too literally hehe
either way, best wishes..I'm sure it'll work out
smile.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Angel of Harlem, you scared me with how similar your life is to mine. I am currently decing whether to go to France for a year for work. Its a long time, I dont speak the language, and I would miss everyone here so much. Although I can go with my other half who's name is like your partner's (its Mat), I still dont know. I also wanted to go over to South Africa when I became a Welfare Worker and work with World Vision.
You then signed your name Emma, mine is Anna.

But anyway, the question is simple, the answer isnt so. Question is do you WANT to go? If you do, the answer is the hard part. Decide if its really what you want, the rest will be a bit easier then.

Good luck! Hope it all works out for you
smile.gif

you wanna know something funny? prolly not but anyway...

i confused you two as well
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

i was like "huh? has Ang gone psycho on me??"

anyway, Emma, you're still welcome to e-mail me if you're serious. Gook luck girl!
smile.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Thanks you guys!
I've been busy, so i havent had a chance to answer your posts. But BabyGrace, if its not too late........ maybe my question could be posed to Bono. although i think i can imagine his answer.
once again, thankyou very much for your advice! i'm almost definately going now. Marc tells me he will wait for me, he's been saying it for ages & now, i really believe him.
wish me luck & i'll keep in touch!
Emma.
PS good luck to you too Anna! it'll all work out!

------------------
Bono + Fudge - Spoon = Fun

At Notre Dame Bono said something to the effect of taking time out of your life to spend in less fortunate countries and how that would be your part in changing the world and making it better (totally paraphrasing on my part). I say go for it!!! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity!

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Their's is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom