Help! Ipod or Creative?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hi guys!

I'm planning to splash out on an mp3 player with my first paycheck. The problem is I can't make up my mind whether to buy an Ipod or a Creative mp3 player. I love the Zen Vision player but it looks like I can't get it over here in Ireland yet.

So for those who already own an Ipod or a Creative mp3 player, could you be so kind to give me some advise about the best / worst features of both of them?

Thanks!

I have a Creative. Mehh....it's alright....I would prefer if the battery life was longer to be honest. Wasn't cheap either. €360 if I recall correctly. But I'm old fashioned I still prefer to buy music in record shops. Downloading music seems rather souless by comparison.

Last edited:
I :heart: my iPod! :drool:

People bitch about the low battery life, but I often use mine with speakers that charge it while I listen. I also have an adapter in the car, so it's not often that I have to worry about running out of juice.

financeguy said:
I have a Creative. Mehh....it's alright....I would prefer if the battery life was longer to be honest. Wasn't cheap either. €360 if I recall correctly. But I'm old fashioned I still prefer to buy music in record shops. Downloading music seems rather souless by comparison.

Where did you buy yours? Can you recommend me a good shop in Dublin where i can get stuff like this? I'm gonna go into town on Saturday and walk around a little bit to see if I find anything interesting.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
Where did you buy yours? Can you recommend me a good shop in Dublin where i can get stuff like this? I'm gonna go into town on Saturday and walk around a little bit to see if I find anything interesting.

Hmmm....I think it was Peats' electronics on Parnell Street. Near to the Ilac Centre. Another good electronics shop is Dixon's in the Jervis Centre. There is a stop on the red Luas Line.

financeguy said:

Hmmm....I think it was Peats' electronics on Parnell Street. Near to the Ilac Centre. Another good electronics shop is Dixon's in the Jervis Centre. There is a stop on the red Luas Line.

Yeah, Jervis was my first option. I'll check Peat's as well.

Thanks! :D

I love my u2 ipod..

There is a "Special Edition" of the u2 ipod out now, and its in COLOR!!!!! I think it's supposed to be like the iPod Photo.

Wish i knew that was coming out, I would have saved my $$ and bought that one instead

financeguy said:

It is rather soulless by comparsion. I've downloaded loads of stuff off of iTunes, but I've still bought at least 50 or 60 albums this year.

I :heart: my iPod

BonoFan78 said:
I love my u2 ipod..

There is a "Special Edition" of the u2 ipod out now, and its in COLOR!!!!! I think it's supposed to be like the iPod Photo.

Wish i knew that was coming out, I would have saved my $$ and bought that one instead

it's also cheaper

I have a Creative mp3 player and I love it. The battery life is good, its capacity is excellent (20gb) and it's easy to use and attractive to look at. Gets a definite :up: from me. :)

i say ipod. i have a 40gb photo and can't imagine life without it. :applaud: :applaud:

you should also get the largest one you can afford. 20gb seems like a lot of space at first, but you'll start to get nervous when it's 3/4's full.

there will always be more music than room.

I have the special edition Ipod.. and loveeee it! I listen to it everywhere, and I even have a special edition case that matches it. plus, when people ask me about it, I can tell them about my favorite band :wink: and the battery isnt an issue most of the time, because i use speakers that charge it all the time.

I was really reluctant to buy an iPod (and I still hate the stupid white headphones), but caved and bought the U2 one because it's pretty and I wanted an mp3 player. My husband has a Rio Karma, and I like the flexibility of that player (his 20gb one holds more songs than my 20gb iPod because it can use more file types), but I like my iPod much better. It's prettier. :cute:

I would strongly suggest looking at Sony's 20Gig network walkman. I've had mine (NW-HD1) for almost a year and it is awesome. I get almost 30 hrs of batt life!!! And the size!! It's SO Small! The smallest 20gig splayer on the market.

They have a new mp3 player that is silimar to the HD1 but claims to have 40hr batt life. Check it out at http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...IKjfBA=?CategoryName=pa_mp3players&Dept=audio

iPod.

But I think the U2 one is hideous. The white one is just a lot more classic.

I have a 3G 15 Gig and the new colour 4G 20 Gig.

IWasBored said:
my ipod is my best friend at the moment.

In the words of my friend Brandy:

"I would donate a kidney to my iPod if she needed it. I can't even go to the kitchen without her. It's disgusting how much I love the availability of it."

I :heart: the red and black for the U2 iPod. I know of some people who aren't even that big of U2 fans, but they bought that one anyway because of the color scheme.

Am I a dork for wearing red and black a lot after first getting my U2 iPod so that we'd match? :shifty: :lol:

Bonochick said:
I :heart: the red and black for the U2 iPod. I know of some people who aren't even that big of U2 fans, but they bought that one anyway because of the color scheme.

Me too. I like any of the colours over the white ones, though.

Bonochick said:

Am I a dork for wearing red and black a lot after first getting my U2 iPod so that we'd match? :shifty: :lol:

Yes.

Which is why I'm going to get more red and black when I go shopping for clothes this weekend :D plus I gotta look good for Cleveland! :wink:

I fuckin' love my U2 iPod. The iPod design is so intuitive. As far as I'm concerned there's no better player out there...seriously the click-wheel makes all the difference.

I have a creative and frankly it is awesome - the battery is fine - I had an iPod which was passed down to my sister. the iPod is good as you can get all the bells and whistles to attach to it - but the creative - i dunno - sound is crisper...

Back
Top Bottom