HELP!!!! I need help with EXCEL.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Howdy all, I am going mental trying to find this out, I cant find it on the excel help and I am not having any luck on the net, so hopefully someone here can help me, this is what I am trying to do....

I am doing up a table in excel and I need to be able to adjust the width of multiple columns.........so lets say the title in Row A takes up 1 cell, however I want the data that I enter into Row B to only take up half a cell, but when I go to resize the column it makes the entire column smaller and I dont want Row A to be smaller, so how do I do this??????? please help........:mad:

just make sure you have only column B highlighted when you resize it? other than that i'm not sure...

If I were at work and you called/e-mailed, I'd say "send me the document as an attachment and I'll see what I can do..."

Anyway....here's what (I think) you're getting at. Say you time into the first cell "this is a long sentence in this cell blah blah blah" and then right under it you type "short haha". If you re-size the column to fit all of the first sentance, it looks huge with the short one. If you resize it to fit the short one, the long one is cut off.

I think you want to merge the cells of the longer data entries. Like, when you type the longer sentance, it runs into columns B, C, etc. Highlight the whole thing, right click, Properties, Alignment, Merge Cells. Here's a visual:

excel1.bmp

excel2.bmp

Back
Top Bottom