Help!! I need a wedding photographer - any amateur phtogs out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Cydewaze and I are getting married on Sunday October 23. We are having a U2/Bicycle themed wedding! :lol:

The problem is, we are totally broke, for a variety of reasons and we only have $500 to spend on photography AT MOST. We have been planning on having disposable cameras at the reception tables for the candids, but need an hour or so of professional looking shots of the wedding party and ceremony.

The wedding is going to be near Syracuse NY. Every wedding photog I call wants a minimum of 4 hours work, charges exhorbitant amounts and I just don't need/can't afford it! I don't need studio type shots, I just want some good quality pics here!

Are there any budding photogs out there who want to come to the wedding and make some extra cash (perhaps to spend on U2 related stuff)? Anyone you could recommend? We are getting desperate!!!
:uhoh:

I know...I thought of him, but he lives kind of far away! But man oh man....I'd love to have him. :sigh:

I'm sure there are others out there in NY state? Pleaaassseee!!?!?!

Check at your local University art dept. My daughter is a student of Photography here at University of TN and the students are always looking for outside projects to make extra $. Congratulations to you!

The only problem is that I don't live anywhere near there, so I'm not even sure where to look...this trying to book things out of state is so hard! But I will see what I can find, thanks for the suggestion!

:)

Sorry if you misunderstood--is there a school with an art dept near you? There may be a photography student looking for some extra work. See ya!

Damn.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get time off work for that weekend. We're having a big official review of the entire store, and it's a huge deal (aka, all managers have to be there). :slant:

I would really love to do it Jess - especially for you two - plus it'd be a great experience for me (never done any formal type of photography, really), but unfortunately I can't make it out there. :(

I worked with somebody who does it professionally (very well known), but they'd charge you $2500 minimum + travel expenses. :(

Oh yes...I will definitely use the digital and get people to take pics if I don't have any other choice in the matter. I'd just rather have someone who really knows what they're doing and has a better quality camera.

See if you can get a family member or friend to lend you a digital SLR. You'll get great quality pics and if they snap away and get hundreds of them, there are bound to be a couple of dozen great ones.

Lots of camera stores also do rentals at fairly reasonable rates - a camera, nice lens and flash should fall well under $500 for a couple days use.

I was a photographer for my paralegal's wedding (there were a few people with cameras). She was very happy with the results.

Instead of trying to get one great photographer, having two or three people with digital cameras may give you the results your looking for.

Well, I have emailed the head of the photography dep't at Syracuse U...if that doesn't pan out, I am going to get the guests to do double duty with the digitals! :yes:

A family member or friend might be happy to do photos as their wedding gift to you. When my brother got married, a friend of the bride's family did the video as a gift.

Congrats!!!

I might have some good karma saved up or something. I just got my work schedule for the month of October, and it looks like I have the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd off!

It isn't set it stone yet, but it's definitely promising! I'll see if I can solidify it with my boss tomorrow.

Diemen said:
I might have some good karma saved up or something. I just got my work schedule for the month of October, and it looks like I have the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd off!

It isn't set it stone yet, but it's definitely promising! I'll see if I can solidify it with my boss tomorrow.

Now that would put a smile on the bride's face! :up: hope you can do it...:)

I have the Greatest Boss In The World.:D I explained the situation and she said she'd definitely work around those days, even if the rest of my schedule changes between now and then. I still need to finalize the days (mainly Monday so I don't have to fly home Sunday night) just to make sure, but everything looks good for my first try at wedding photography! :hyper:

Diemen said:
I have the Greatest Boss In The World.:D I explained the situation and she said she'd definitely work around those days, even if the rest of my schedule changes between now and then. I still need to finalize the days (mainly Monday so I don't have to fly home Sunday night) just to make sure, but everything looks good for my first try at wedding photography! :hyper:

This could be the start of something big! and you'd be doing a great couple a huge favor...and you get to hang with Mr. BAW...love ur work, by the way!

ps...we're flying out on Monday morning also,,,,nearest airport is Syracuse..when it gets close, I have the name of a car service from the airport to the hotel area...FYI

Last edited:
DIEMEN! I don't know if I can thank you enough for this.

Maybe the good karma came from the Shimano belt I mailed you. :lol:

:hyper: This makes me soooo happy for you guys!!! And so proud of our little community here. :yes: Having just gotten lots of emotional support from many of you here, I can't explain how proud I am of the way we treat each other.

U2 fans ARE the best people in the world!! :heart: :hug: :up:

will you be taking pictures of the honeymoon too?

d10.gif

:D

Back
Top Bottom