HELP! How do I tell someone they suck?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
So I am narrowing down my job search, and I have been leaving 2 businesses hanging with the excuse of wanting to finish out all of my interviews before deciding. They probably already know I am not interested because I haven't asked about coming back to spend more time there, but I would like to let them know officially that I don't want to work there after all. It would be easier if I had already accepted a position somewhere else, but it's down to 2 places and negotiations could take another week. If they both fall through, I will interview at new places anyway, I wouldn't reconsider the 2 places I want to turn down.

How do I politely/professionaly tell them they suck? :|

Just tell them "Thank you for your time, but I've decided to go another way. Best of luck, and thanks for meeting with me."

^ What Carrie said

Or "Thank you for your interest in hiring me but I feel I cannot accomplish everything that I wish to at your company"

send them a letter thanking them for the oppourtunity to interview with them and the offer to work there. Then say you would like to explore your options further before making a decision so you'll have to decline their offer at this time. I'd also include something positive about their place that you liked. You don't have to do that part as you don't owe them anything but it just ends it in a more positive way.

What HelloAngel said.

There's a parable that goes:
"Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the arse you have to kiss tomorrow"

though you can't forsee it now there may come a day when you have to deal with these other businesses and in today's economy you cannot afford to burn any bridges.

Hope this is ok since I just sent it....

Hi Dr.,

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back with you, I wanted to complete all of my interviews before contacting you. After much deliberation, I have decided that your employment opportunity is not the right match for me. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, and I hope you find the right candidate for your position soon.

Best wishes,

Beth

:uhoh:

Since I just finished ENG 262 (Business Writing) I'm going to take the liberty to make a few small corrections....

bonosloveslave said:
Hope this is ok since I just sent it....

(Dear) Dr.,

I am very sorry for the delay in getting back with you; I wanted to complete all of my interviews before contacting you. After much deliberation, I have decided that your employment opportunity is not the right match for me. Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, and I hope you find the right candidate for your position soon.

Best wishes,

Beth

Sounds good, Beth! Now you can find a job in GR ;)

Back
Top Bottom