Help !!! How can I get rid of a sunburn???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Anybody who has any tips, or products to recommend, please help ! Ive got a *burning* sunburn on my thighs...And a sunburn on my face and neck...Anybody know how to get rid of this quickly, or any medication?? And yes, I did put on sunscreen...

sorry for the lame thread...:lol:

Nothing has ever really worked for me...some people say pure aloe, but that just left me feeling sticky and yucky. Vinegar baths do not work...you just end up smelling. You just have to let your skin heal on it's own.

But do put vitamin E cream on, it helps prevent permanent damage to the skin.

I'd hug you, but that would hurt :)

aloe vera gel doesn't really make the sunburn go away, but it helps soothe the stinging feeling and helps when your skin starts to dry out and peel...I always use aloe vera.

Take Vitamin C--natural anti-inflammatory. Also, aloe vera gel works wonderfully--drains the heat right out of the sunburn.

This is how I always get rid of mine, and it works wonderfully for me.

Melon

Vitamin C orally. I've also cut open Vitamin E gel caps and applied directly to the affected area. Any form of Vitamin E on the skin will help.

Hope you feel better. :wave:

Vitamin E is good or if you have pain there use Aloe with lidocane in it. Lidocane is a local pain releif that will help with the burn. Or you can soak some towns in ice water and place over the burn. That is if you are just sitting around.

Be careful with lidocane. It's a known allergen, and can cause significant surface allergic reactions.

Aloe Vera is good.

Put cold water in the bath tub.
throw in all the ice you have.
then soak your legs for as long as you can.
ice will take the sting/burn out.

This works!

I really dont feel well.

The sunburn is all over my body, but it stings so much more on my back.

Im gonna have to spend a couple of days in my hotel room and avoid the sun like the plague....

I bought this soothing product from banana boat, and ive taken some tylenol..and bought this after sun cream. Ive also put some cold compress.

This &%#$!?% sucks !

Thank you all for your recommendations, guys.

Drink plenty of water. Try and find 100% pure aloe, it will help the skin underneath the burn. Be careful not to put anything on the burn that has scent or perfume in it. Tylenol.

:hug: :hug:

I feel your pain. I've had some horrible sunburns in my life. :(

Back
Top Bottom