help him find his gnome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoney!

ONE love, blood, life
I was reading the Chicago Tribune on the train home tonight, and noticed three ads for a guy who lost his garden gnome back in december. He has a website: www.whereismygnome.com

It is a cute site. The person also has a printable telephone poll ad:
poster_sm.jpg

If you see it, contact him! :D

it must be a conspiracy :tsk: i heard a story on the news down here about a couple who had a christmas elf stolen out of their yard. :shrug:

this reminds me of amelie

maybe the gnome is travelling around the world

omg i cannot escape this damn gnome. :angry: :|

my co-worker brought in those ads and we spent about an hour looking up random gnome stuff online. it was quite amusing.

then i got home and my mom had sent me the ads in the mail.

i must look like a gnome-person. :|

FREE THE GNOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

Er...Amelie was filmed/released in 2001. Gnomes have been kidnapped and taken on various travels for as long as they have been kitsch.

Angela Harlem said:
Er...Amelie was filmed/released in 2001. Gnomes have been kidnapped and taken on various travels for as long as they have been kitsch.

Sounds fair. I wasn't aware of that.

Melon

God now I sound like a smart arse dick lol. It reminded me of Amelie as well, but the idea is definately older than that. I made a short film in college in 1995 on a 'stolen' (read: store bought faux stolen) gnome. And I was by no means the first to do it. Infact the teacher rolled her eyes at me at the mere suggestion and warned I could face failure of the subject unless it was somehow different to the overdone joke. I guess everyone knows the kitsch garden accessory culture with gnomes and flamingoes etc and how as soon as they become fashionable, it is also then fashionable to steal them and leave a note.

Screaming flour is kinda a lawn troll person

*agrees with Flour! :up:

But everyone knows that about! :sexywink:

Maybe angie should fail Melon! :angry:

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever heard the sound of a smart arse dick :hmm:

adn I definately know nothing about gnomes :up:

Back
Top Bottom