Help Futurama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WHAT THE FUCK?????????
Not one of the four shows I actually watch!!! Those scurvy shister bastards. What they have to make room for more mindless crap? God forib there be a television show with actual wit and irony in it. THEY HAD THE FUCKING BEASTIE BOYS ON FOR GODSAKE! Sorry I just can't yell enough about how genuinly scrwed up that is. Futurama was something to look forward to everyweek, and they were always canceling it for their bullshit special events. Fox sucks. Boo those people!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

This reminds me a lot of "The Critic." Maybe "Futurama" can have a life at Comedy Central?

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

no

tongue.gif

blarg! I love that show! And I think it would have been a success if they had just put it on right after the Simpsons instead of stupid Malcolm in the Middle. That show is the one that should be cancelled!

This does not make me a happy plant.
mad.gif

Problem is, animated programs are expensive and time-consuming - particularly shows with Futurama's high production standards (e.g., using computers to help create "realistic" 3-D settings).

Essentially, animated shows have to have REALLY low production values (Space Ghost, South Park), or REALLY high ratings (Simpsons, King of the Hill).

Unfortunately, Futurama had neither.

...though I *imagine* DVD box sets would sell quite well.

Originally posted by Calluna:

blarg! I love that show! And I think it would have been a success if they had just put it on right after the Simpsons instead of stupid Malcolm in the Middle. That show is the one that should be cancelled!

This does not make me a happy plant.
mad.gif

HEEEEEY! Malcolm in the middle is a brilliantly funny show, ain't nothing wrong with it. Futurama is probably being cancelled because of Fry's voice, damn the guy that did that voice anyway...invading my ffx video game...ugh.

------------------
Is there a time for keeping your distance
A time to turn your eyes away
Is there a time for keeping your head down
For getting on with your day

Fengche@aol.com

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
Problem is, animated programs are expensive and time-consuming - particularly shows with Futurama's high production standards (e.g., using computers to help create "realistic" 3-D settings).

Essentially, animated shows have to have REALLY low production values (Space Ghost, South Park), or REALLY high ratings (Simpsons, King of the Hill).

Unfortunately, Futurama had neither.

...though I *imagine* DVD box sets would sell quite well.

Thats crap though, considering that Fox gives them the shitass 7pm sunday timeslot, the one that is preempted by football, baseball, basketball, movies, and goodness knows what else, last season I dont know if there were more than 3 episodes that aired on the correct date... BLARGH... I love futurama...

Huzzah for jumbonium and whalers on the moon.

I love Malcolm in the Middle, wouldn't want to see that go.

It would be nice to give Futurama a decent time slot, maybe on another day. Oh, well...

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Thats crap though, considering that Fox gives them the shitass 7pm sunday timeslot, the one that is preempted by football, baseball, basketball, movies, and goodness knows what else, last season I dont know if there were more than 3 episodes that aired on the correct date... BLARGH... I love futurama...

Huzzah for jumbonium and whalers on the moon.

I agree - if Futurama aired after Simpsons (Malcolm's current slot), it would have fared FAR better.

As far as I can tell, the odd time slot was the biggest reason the show didn't do well ratings-wise.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
I agree - if Futurama aired after Simpsons (Malcolm's current slot), it would have fared FAR better.

As far as I can tell, the odd time slot was the biggest reason the show didn't do well ratings-wise.

Wow, Bubba and I actually agree on something for once.
eek.gif

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Back
Top Bottom