Help DATA - Maybe get some Live U2 Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
Some background first -- keep reading, it's worth it, I think.

A new webservice, eSwarm, allows registered users to start and participate in "swarms" -- a swarm is similar to an online auction, except that the swarm sets and fixes the price of a given product or service. For example, registered users can start a swarm for an MP3 player at $75 meaning the price you, and other swarmers are willing to pay is $75, and no more. If a business does not supply the swarm, you are not obligated to pay for anything - even if you joined a swarm.

The beauty of this? eSwarm allows the swarm to fix a percentage of the transaction to benefit a charity, group or cause -- think African Well Fund. If the total swarm ends up with 1,000 $75 MP3 players, then each user gets the MP3 player and, to continue the analogy, AFW would get 3% of $75,000.

Registration is free at *link removed by Sicy* users can swarm around any product or service, and they can benefit any charity, group or cause.

I have recently started a swarm for a product that does not exist -- 10 live shows from the Vertigo Tour -- that will benefit DATA. If enough people swarm, and the right person hears about this, maybe it works: swarmers get good music, DATA gets a generous dontation -- go to eSwarm and search for "U2" for details.

I'm posting this here cuz I beleive that many U2 fans could see this as a good way to purchase products or services with the bulk buying power of swarms and get the beneifit of helping their favorite cause; many U2 fans have been inspired by Bono; or have their own reasons for various philanthropies.

Please email at bcwgobuffs@yahoo.com if you would like more information -- in case you are wondering, my role with eSwarm is simple -- I have provided them feedback on their business model and website and I have considered, but not committed to their next round of financing as a start up company.

Regards to all.

Which forum then?

Though I understand your hypothesis, this is not spam -- been here for 5 years or so -- 420 or so posts.

Ask Axvar; that guy down under -- he knows my ID.

Just trying to help and to find a way to build awareness for a new vehicle that could be used to raise money.

email me -- bcwgobuffs@yahoo.com

I'm sorry, I know it may be for a good cause, but we dont allow any type of advertising on the forums.

You can either post in your journal or if you were a premium member you could have a link in your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom