Help All You Police Fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, it's good. it's got all the albums on it, so it's better to just buy that anyway. it's also got some great b-sides and live versions. for example, it's got the great song "i burn for you." :drool:

so yeah, you might as well get that instead of getting all the albums.

I bought that box-set once when it was on offer. A great investment. As said, it has all the (studio) albums, plus a load of other songs (including their very first single) and a nice book(let).

Posted by KhanadaRhodes
example, it's got the great song "i burn for you." :drool:

I never knew that song wasn't on any album. I just have it on the boxset. :wink: Sounds great though. :)

C ya!

Marty

Last edited:
I am home. :p
Lemme see :shifty:
Yep, it's the Brimstone & Treacle soundtrack! :applaud:

BTW, for those who are interested, here are the comments from the members about the song:
I Burn For You
Sting: "I wrote this in the classroom in Newcastle when I'd set the kids a long piece of work one Monday morning. Last Exit had to have at least one new song to play every Wednesday for our residency at the Gosforth Hotel so I worked at it in class. I presented it to The Police for Zenyatta Mondatta but they thought it was too sentimental. And if I got any resistance I used to just drop the song. I'd go and produce something else from my notebooks and make out I'd just written it over lunch."
Andy: "Mm, it was a good song and yet maybe we did think it was too sentimental. Sting came up with some real night-club things sometimes. Stewart and I were always fighting that tendency in him, trying to toughen it up."
Stewart: "Sting was playing this song when I saw him in his pre-Police band, Last Exit. It always moved me when he would finger the chords on a guitar, and hum it to himself at odd moments in rehearsal. It wasn't until the band grew up a bit that we could include it on our list. Aggression was our strength in the early years."

:yes:

Marty

yeah, it is on brimstone and treacle. i don't know about you, but i've been burned (no pun intended!) enough times when i buy a soundtrack for that one song. i've done it several times for one song i love, and the rest of the soundtrack is total shit. so i thought it'd be cheaper to just get the box set. plus, it's interesting to hear them when they were "punk" on their first single.

KhanadaRhodes said:
yeah, it is on brimstone and treacle. i don't know about you, but i've been burned (no pun intended!) enough times when i buy a soundtrack for that one song. i've done it several times for one song i love, and the rest of the soundtrack is total shit.

I know what you mean. Luckily, U2 often have a good choice in what soundtrack (or compilation) to donate an exclusive track to (Until The End Of The World, Faraway So Close!, The End Of Violence, Red Hot + Blue, etc. are all great albums with great songs from other artists).

C ya!

Marty

I've been meaning to get that for ages...When Ive seen it a couple of times on offer, But ive always put it off cos Im broke!!!

:eyebrow: Maybe someone will get ME, my Message In A Bottle...

Sting won a Grammy in 1984 for the song "brimstone and treacle"
It was voted the best intstrumental of the year. I like the song as well as Brimstone 2. Sting would use similar sound, instruments and effects on the recording of "Wrapped Around Your Finger".

Back
Top Bottom