Hells Kitchen Returns!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just when things were looking bleak on the kitchen front, on Tues we get the ITV Hell's Kitchen - Series 3! Well up here in Canada, and it's on one of our main broadcasters Citytv, which televises the US one, so everyone will have access to it. Most of the time we get the UK versions of these shows on Food Net Can., so it's surprising to get it on a main network but I guess they are trying to fill the void since last weeks departure of HK.

Series 3 doesn't have Gordon but it has his old mentor and boss, and quite famous, Marco Pierre White. The first Briton Michelin starred, he's quick tempered, and is now enemies with Gordon.

Marco Pierre White will also be hosting a US version of Aussie show, the Chopping Block on NBC this fall. The series will feature two teams of four couples running neighbouring restaurants in Manhattan, with one couple being removed each week based on the decision of White and a panel of judges.

Series 3 doesn't have Gordon but it has his old mentor and boss, and quite famous, Marco Pierre White. The first Briton Michelin starred, he's quick tempered, and is now enemies with Gordon.

This just reminded me, I read this article/interview a while back and had been meaning to post the link. It's long, but fascinating and brutally honest. It was published just over a year ago, when Ramsey was preparing to open his restaurant in NYC, and it talks about how he came up through the ranks, how he started out with White as his mentor, and finally, how he and White became enemies (Ramsey admits to using White to screw over a group of restaurant investors - his doing so was a defensive maneuver, he wanted to get them before they got him).

It's really, really good, and well worth a read.

Notes of a Gastronome: The Taming of the Chef: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

Just when things were looking bleak on the kitchen front, on Tues we get the ITV Hell's Kitchen - Series 3! Well up here in Canada, and it's on one of our main broadcasters Citytv, which televises the US one, so everyone will have access to it. Most of the time we get the UK versions of these shows on Food Net Can., so it's surprising to get it on a main network but I guess they are trying to fill the void since last weeks departure of HK.

I caught this last night, but I don't think I care for him that much. He comes off as just an ass, where you can at least see the passion behind Gordon's tirades. Just me.. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom