Hello, I'll be your despotic ruler for the evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
Please, do not be alarmed. Remain in your seats. I will be your despotic godlike ruler for the evening. If you have any questions, please save them for the Q&A session later on.

You have nothing to worry about. My arbitrary will may have replaced what you formerly knew as the 'rule of law', but don't worry, I'm basically a good and wise leader. I won't mistreat you too badly, you can trust me.

Not that you have any choice.

Is this a coup?

Who was overthrown?

Most importantly, what is the dominant color scheme for this dictatorship? Red is classic and yet, so passe.

Red is for damned communists and papists. No, the colour of this state is white. White symbolises purity of purpose, and furthermore looks most impressive under the midday sun on a parade ground, where you will all shortly be, the first contingents in my global 'march of glory'.

Last edited:
as a former imperial overlord of the state, i find this revolution of sorts to be most depressing. while he has yet to come out and say it, it appears kieran is more inclined to fall in the footsteps of lenin than peter the great.

a sad day indeed.

Well, I think this is a great day and I just wanted to let all of you know that a giant statue of Kieran has been erected in the middle of Lemonade Stand so you can all bring your offerings of flowers and candles and place them at his feet.

i'd rather die in the fortress of peter paul and mary. :sexywink:

removed by force,

~deathbear romanov

AcrobatMan said:
Kieran is a He or She ??

depending on which I will take further action

either :kiss: or :madspit:

This puzzles me. It's like asking a Rebecca or a David what gender they are.

Kiss him anyway, I hear he's very liberal about things. Despite being a despotic ruler.

Angela Harlem said:

This puzzles me. It's like asking a Rebecca or a David what gender they are.

Just as a side note, a lot of Indian names are gender neutral. Tis why sometimes illegal Indian immigrants get busted with stolen passports for "Susan" etc when they are male. Its a whole other concept.

Also names of a different nationality can sound foreign and gender non specific. eg Bhairavi may sound just as gender non defining to people in English speaking countries as Kieran sounds to Indians eg AcroSteve.

Man, Im serious this evening.....

PS For the record, Beli is not just a Slav boys name :grumpy:

Last edited:
beli said:
Just as a side note, a lot of Indian names are gender neutral.

Wrong

beli said:
illegal Indian immigrants

Damn it :mad: , you didnt need to talk about this :)

beli said:

Also names of a different nationality can sound foreign and gender non specific.

Kieran is like Darren - guy's name. I've lived in English speaking country for long enough to realise that. But I got suspicious because of his posts esp those with bear

And then its not necessary - if your name is David you can register as Mary if you like Mary.. or something like that.

Kieran can you please post a pic of urself. :)

AcroSteve, I'm sure bear has a few pictures of Kieran from the last interference meetup. Perhaps if you ask him nicely he will post one for you.

AcrobatMan said:

Really? Thats what I was told. I was working at Oxfam during a previous Indian earthquake (1994?) and the Sikh community raised a lot of money. When I was typing the thank you letters I was having a difficult time as the names were foreign to me (and long). I asked one of thr community if there was a rythym to the names and they said apart from there sometimes being Gods in the names, no. etc

They lied to me :scream:

Bastards. :mad:

Acrobatman, just for spelling it 'urself', you will absolutely never get a photo of me.

I can 'definitely' guarantee that.

AcrobatMan, i cant understand your problem.....

If you want a picture of Kieran just look at his avatar!
It´s really him. :mad:

beli said:

Sikh community

sorry Beli :(

For Sikhs it may be right but Sikhs constitute less than 2% of the population. In SIkhs, the second name determines the gender ( Kaur is a gal, Singh is a guy).

So 98 out of 100 times, you will find gender specific names here.

I bet even in Australia, there would be 2 person out of 100 keeping a name which would be gender neutral.

Back
Top Bottom