hello gang, long time no post...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
Whats up? i know i have been away for a while but I have had family business, school, final exams.

Then I went to LA for about a week with a friend, had a blast! Went to hollywood, newport beach, long beach. the yardhouse in newport was a blast. Went on almost every rollercoaster at magic mountain and btw this was my first time on them! what a adrenaline rush, heh! met 2 ppl who each knew someboddy in bands. one was a all girl punk band called halo friendlies, other was a alt band with female lead called Splendor. Saw Splendor in newport beach, fun but other was lots better cuz it was in hollywood where 3 other bands played too including a Poison tribute band, heh they had on 80s outfits big time. BUT the fun didn't stop there.... when poison tribute band was about to come up, guess who shows up? guy from jackass! johnny knoxvile! partied with him and had a couple beers with the guy. awesome dude. theres this friend of a cousin of someone who we were visiting, she hits on knoxville every time she gets a chance or so i heard. she was just absolutely smashed, lol, huggin johnny and fallin trippin all over the floor. he got her kicked out cuz she was annoyin him. she kissed me drunkly, lol. what a sight, lol

a rule of thumb: never get a tour bus to magic mnt next day, all day, after only getting 4 hrs sleep. lol, my friend an i were kinda hung over, him more than me. like when we went on this ride where we were like flys on a wall spinning at 50 miles an hour or so an he felt like he was gonna hurl, heh. i felt dizzy after that one.

we chose a bad time to go cuz it was the weekend of the gay pride parade. every hotel booked up but we managed. we got a days inn for like 3 nights but on 2nd night we wanted to switch cuz it was a shithole in industrial part of long beach and we wanted to get closer to where reestaurants/bars were for our friends bday BUT we couldn't cuz everything was sold out.

A waitress asked us the most embarasing question (to us) ever... 'so are u here for the parade?' we were like, NO! but it was funny at first.

we drove threw south central hoping we'd make it thru, lol. picked a chinese restaurant outside sc where there was plastic bullet proof windows covvering the area where u order/ an they cook, they open a lil door on there side an put food in then we gotta open ours to get it(like a p.o. box), also a security guard an we were the only white guys in there, lol. that place must get robbed lots. whole different world there.

i had a friggin good time in cali, heh.

now i know a bunch of people in LA area to go visit :)

i am on summer break now til Aug an it feels great, heh. gonna travel a bit this summer. sit in hot tub, pool, etc.

post a pic of me an johnny later!

Last edited:
Jesse!!! I was just thinking about sending you a PM to see how you're doing and where you've been :yes:

So uh, you didn't think to get in touch with any of your LA area Interland friends while you were here huh? :mad: I live 20 minutes from Newport Beach :eyebrow:

Glad you had a good time, just make sure you look us up next time you visit So Cal.

:wave: :hug:

Jesse, I'm glad you had fun.. but hopefully your comments won't offend any "gay" members of our friendly U2 community.

HelloAngel said:
Jesse, I'm glad you had fun.. but hopefully your comments won't offend any "gay" members of our friendly U2 community.

i didn't mean to offend if i did. im editin it out. just sayin we were uncomfortable. everyones equal

my bad

sorry.

Last edited:
Jesse!:hug:

sorry i couldnt call you my phones were disconnected:sigh:

maybe next time you can come back out here and meet up with us cali interlanders, yes?:yes:

baw, icelle, cali ppl: next time i come i'll hit u up. that trip was mostly touristy. next time i won't be a tourist, heh.

Back
Top Bottom