hello from Tornado Alley - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:50 PM
crys hello from Tornado Alley

There is a tornado in the next county. I just hope it doesn't cross the county line and come get us in Birmingham. I sure am sick of tornados.

Old 05-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:50 PM
We have been having our share of tornado warnings here also. Luckly they have missed us and I hope the same goes for you where ever you live.

Old 05-16-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:50 AM
MUTHA FUCKER!

i am on my way to the freaking Pete Yorn concert in Downtown ATL. Enough of the fucking storms.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:50 PM
I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. The thought of a tornado keeps me up for days.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:11 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Geez, crimety, what in the hell is going on down there?

I hope you and everyone else who is going through this crap again comes out of this safe and sound. .

Angela
Old 05-16-2003, 11:19 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:50 AM
All we have are earthquakes
Old 05-16-2003, 11:51 PM   #7
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

to everyone having storms tonite

I thought we were really gonna get it here last night...there were tornado warnings west of here, but the storms fizzled out before they got here...that's the way it's been for us all month...we've had tornado warnings but then the storm either goes around us or fizzles before it gets here....it's good that we're not getting the tornadoes and hail, but we really really need the rain

I've never felt an earthquake...I think I'd like to feel one someday, as long as it wasn't a big one causing damage...just like I'd also like to go with the storm chasers some day and see a tornado.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:19 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
I thought we were really gonna get it here last night...there were tornado warnings west of here, but the storms fizzled out before they got here...that's the way it's been for us all month...we've had tornado warnings but then the storm either goes around us or fizzles before it gets here....it's good that we're not getting the tornadoes and hail, but we really really need the rain
That's the way it is here for us. We're usually pretty lucky...the storms usually go around us or die before they get here or we get them, but the worst of it stays away from us.

Which is perfectly fine with me.

Quote:
I've never felt an earthquake...I think I'd like to feel one someday, as long as it wasn't a big one causing damage...
Ooh, my dad lived in California as a kid...and then he and my mom lived out there for a brief time...he's experienced some earthquakes-he was on a bridge one day when an earthquake hit and the bridge started to sway. Luckily nothing really serious happened, but that would be utterly scary.

Quote:
just like I'd also like to go with the storm chasers some day and see a tornado.
*Shudders*

Ooh, I wouldn't. I have much respect for storm chasers, 'cause they're willing to face danger, and their contribution to understanding tornadoes better and helping to save more lives is very commendable.

But I wouldn't have the guts to face that stuff. The storm chasers can get as close as they wish to a tornado-I'll just scurry down to my little storm cellar.

Angela
Old 05-17-2003, 03:13 AM   #9
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I've felt many a earthquake. They're actually kinda cool when they're mild.. you feel kinda like you're on crack..

When the big one hit in '89 I was about 16, sitting in my car in the parking lot outside of work with some friends. At first I thought my friend was pushing my car back and forth.. I was like "hey cut it out!" then I looked to the side of me and saw all the cars in the parking lot moving back and forth and all of a sudden I got that sinking heart fluttering feeling and I was like

I dont think I'd want to be anywhere near a tornado
Old 05-17-2003, 03:54 AM   #10
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
I've felt many a earthquake. They're actually kinda cool when they're mild.. you feel kinda like you're on crack..

When the big one hit in '89 I was about 16, sitting in my car in the parking lot outside of work with some friends. At first I thought my friend was pushing my car back and forth.. I was like "hey cut it out!" then I looked to the side of me and saw all the cars in the parking lot moving back and forth and all of a sudden I got that sinking heart fluttering feeling and I was like

my dad was out there during the big one on a lay over when he was a pilot. he wasn't anywhere really close to the main quake, but he said he felt his bed shake and he woke up around 4am when the quake hit. I think it was the quake of '89 but I'm not exactly sure...I know it was a major quake that he felt.

Quote:
I dont think I'd want to be anywhere near a tornado
I don't want to be 'near' a tornado either, but I do want to see one at least from a few miles away, as long as I was sure it wasn't coming towards me...even if I didn't see a tornado tho, it would still be fascinating to travel with the storm chasers for an afternoon. I storms.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:07 AM   #11
New Yorker

Thursday night about 18 tornados touched down in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles.

They were touching down in towns in every direction all around me but thank God they never did here.

I have seen tornados up close and personal. I don't want to do it again. I have felt a small earthquake and I didn't care for that either.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:29 PM   #12
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
my dad was out there during the big one on a lay over when he was a pilot. he wasn't anywhere really close to the main quake, but he said he felt his bed shake and he woke up around 4am when the quake hit. I think it was the quake of '89 but I'm not exactly sure...I know it was a major quake that he felt..
The 89 one wasnt at 4am. I dont remember what time it was but it was sometime in the afternoon. We've had a couple big ones though.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:19 PM   #13
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

we had a bunch of tornados hit right by our house but oh well...
Old 05-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
thank god none of those storms reached us last night. just some fog and light rain last night.

well we are under a tornado watch right now.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:32 PM   #15
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Question... do you guys that live near tornados have basements??

I remember being in a tornado watch when I was younger, visiting family in Nebraska.. we had to go down into the basement.. I was skerd