hello from Tornado Alley - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 04:50 PM
crys hello from Tornado Alley

There is a tornado in the next county. I just hope it doesn't cross the county line and come get us in Birmingham. I sure am sick of tornados.
__________________

__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 05-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
 
tiny dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: small town Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 87,209
Local Time: 04:50 PM
We have been having our share of tornado warnings here also. Luckly they have missed us and I hope the same goes for you where ever you live.
__________________

__________________
tiny dancer is offline  
Old 05-16-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 11:50 AM
MUTHA FUCKER!

i am on my way to the freaking Pete Yorn concert in Downtown ATL. Enough of the fucking storms.
__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
Old 05-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
HelloAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: new york city
Posts: 14,534
Local Time: 12:50 PM
I'll keep you guys in my thoughts. The thought of a tornado keeps me up for days.
__________________
HelloAngel is offline  
Old 05-16-2003, 11:11 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Geez, crimety, what in the hell is going on down there?

I hope you and everyone else who is going through this crap again comes out of this safe and sound. .

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-16-2003, 11:19 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 08:50 AM
All we have are earthquakes
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 05-16-2003, 11:51 PM   #7
An Angel In Devil's Shoes
 
ABEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 18,844
Local Time: 10:50 AM
to everyone having storms tonite

I thought we were really gonna get it here last night...there were tornado warnings west of here, but the storms fizzled out before they got here...that's the way it's been for us all month...we've had tornado warnings but then the storm either goes around us or fizzles before it gets here....it's good that we're not getting the tornadoes and hail, but we really really need the rain

I've never felt an earthquake...I think I'd like to feel one someday, as long as it wasn't a big one causing damage...just like I'd also like to go with the storm chasers some day and see a tornado.
__________________
ABEL is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 12:19 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,256
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
I thought we were really gonna get it here last night...there were tornado warnings west of here, but the storms fizzled out before they got here...that's the way it's been for us all month...we've had tornado warnings but then the storm either goes around us or fizzles before it gets here....it's good that we're not getting the tornadoes and hail, but we really really need the rain
That's the way it is here for us. We're usually pretty lucky...the storms usually go around us or die before they get here or we get them, but the worst of it stays away from us.

Which is perfectly fine with me.

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
I've never felt an earthquake...I think I'd like to feel one someday, as long as it wasn't a big one causing damage...
Ooh, my dad lived in California as a kid...and then he and my mom lived out there for a brief time...he's experienced some earthquakes-he was on a bridge one day when an earthquake hit and the bridge started to sway. Luckily nothing really serious happened, but that would be utterly scary.

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
just like I'd also like to go with the storm chasers some day and see a tornado.
*Shudders*

Ooh, I wouldn't. I have much respect for storm chasers, 'cause they're willing to face danger, and their contribution to understanding tornadoes better and helping to save more lives is very commendable.

But I wouldn't have the guts to face that stuff. The storm chasers can get as close as they wish to a tornado-I'll just scurry down to my little storm cellar.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 03:13 AM   #9
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 08:50 AM
I've felt many a earthquake. They're actually kinda cool when they're mild.. you feel kinda like you're on crack..

When the big one hit in '89 I was about 16, sitting in my car in the parking lot outside of work with some friends. At first I thought my friend was pushing my car back and forth.. I was like "hey cut it out!" then I looked to the side of me and saw all the cars in the parking lot moving back and forth and all of a sudden I got that sinking heart fluttering feeling and I was like

I dont think I'd want to be anywhere near a tornado
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 03:54 AM   #10
An Angel In Devil's Shoes
 
ABEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 18,844
Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
I've felt many a earthquake. They're actually kinda cool when they're mild.. you feel kinda like you're on crack..

When the big one hit in '89 I was about 16, sitting in my car in the parking lot outside of work with some friends. At first I thought my friend was pushing my car back and forth.. I was like "hey cut it out!" then I looked to the side of me and saw all the cars in the parking lot moving back and forth and all of a sudden I got that sinking heart fluttering feeling and I was like


my dad was out there during the big one on a lay over when he was a pilot. he wasn't anywhere really close to the main quake, but he said he felt his bed shake and he woke up around 4am when the quake hit. I think it was the quake of '89 but I'm not exactly sure...I know it was a major quake that he felt.

Quote:
I dont think I'd want to be anywhere near a tornado
I don't want to be 'near' a tornado either, but I do want to see one at least from a few miles away, as long as I was sure it wasn't coming towards me...even if I didn't see a tornado tho, it would still be fascinating to travel with the storm chasers for an afternoon. I storms.
__________________
ABEL is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 10:07 AM   #11
New Yorker
 
EPandAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,633
Local Time: 11:50 AM
Thursday night about 18 tornados touched down in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles.

They were touching down in towns in every direction all around me but thank God they never did here.

I have seen tornados up close and personal. I don't want to do it again. I have felt a small earthquake and I didn't care for that either.
__________________
EPandAmerica is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 02:29 PM   #12
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
my dad was out there during the big one on a lay over when he was a pilot. he wasn't anywhere really close to the main quake, but he said he felt his bed shake and he woke up around 4am when the quake hit. I think it was the quake of '89 but I'm not exactly sure...I know it was a major quake that he felt..
The 89 one wasnt at 4am. I dont remember what time it was but it was sometime in the afternoon. We've had a couple big ones though.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 03:19 PM   #13
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 10:50 AM
we had a bunch of tornados hit right by our house but oh well...
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 11:50 AM
thank god none of those storms reached us last night. just some fog and light rain last night.

well we are under a tornado watch right now.
__________________
MissVelvetDress_75 is offline  
Old 05-17-2003, 03:32 PM   #15
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 08:50 AM
Question... do you guys that live near tornados have basements??

I remember being in a tornado watch when I was younger, visiting family in Nebraska.. we had to go down into the basement.. I was skerd
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com