Hello autumn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
It took ages for us to get any leaves worth mentioning, but over the past few days, things have started looking a bit more normal for this time of year. I had a busy day of shutterbugging, and here is what I came up with:

fall01.jpg

fall02.jpg

fall03.jpg

fall04.jpg

fall05.jpg

fall06.jpg

fall07.jpg

fall08.jpg

fall09.jpg

fall10.jpg

Beautiful! :love:

I love autumn! But prefer winter!

Most of our leaves have fallen over here, so all we see is branches!

Nice pix! I was just back in Connecticut -- their foliage is very late this year. It was still pretty green. Temps were in the 60s or 70s.

Got back to Seattle this morning -- it's in the 40s today and windy. Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Gorgeous photos! :up:

This really is the best time of year. October is by far my favourite month :) I love the way the air gets crisp and cold, and everything smells like dead leaves. We don't really have any good fall foliage here yet, one of the trees outside has ONE branch of red leaves, but the rest of it is completely green. It'll be gorgeous in a month or so though :hyper:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Gorgeous photos! :up:

This really is the best time of year. October is by far my favourite month :) I love the way the air gets crisp and cold, and everything smells like dead leaves. We don't really have any good fall foliage here yet, one of the trees outside has ONE branch of red leaves, but the rest of it is completely green. It'll be gorgeous in a month or so though :hyper:

Seriously? Geez! It's almost over for us! :(

Well I'm in the south. A few weeks ago it was still getting really warm here during the day, but thankfully the weather has broken now, and it seems that the heat is gone for good.

Yeah, it's late for us here too...a few weeks anyway. Looks nice now though! :)

It'll be in the 80's tomorrow. :huh: Certainly NOT fall weather.

Read an article saying that with warmer temps, the traditional New England fall color is super crappy. It hasn't been great for the past years. This is really the first time I've seen leaves literally just turn brown and fall. It's not right. I love fall and winter so having temps still be summer like is downright depressing and makes me just want to strangle the weatherman everytime he says enjoy those warm temps!

Great pics ... I have yet to see even 1 tree with any changing of colors on the leaves. It hasn't really gotten cold enough here for the trees to take that 'dormant' effect. Hopefully, the changes will start in about another 2 weeks or so. Autumn just doesn't seem like it's here without the leaves changing color. It's really sad, the leaves aren't falling off the trees too quickly yet either. :ohmy:

Gorgeous pictures, LemonMelon. Here in Indiana, some of the leaves have turned, but most are still green and very dry--they will probably just fall off without changing color. :( We had such a dry summer and abnormally warm "fall" so far, nothing is working right.

Beautiful pix, LemonMelon!

Fall has been late here too. But the forecast is predicting cooler weather to (finally) arrive later this week. Which makes me glad, because I prefer seasonal weather over constant warm days.

The only sign that it's autumn here in Nevada is that I'm only running my AC about four hours a day now instead of twenty-four :grumpy:

bonosgirl84 said:
The only sign that it's autumn here in Nevada is that I'm only running my AC about four hours a day now instead of twenty-four :grumpy:

Yeah, in the desert we get about 10 days of autumn - that started today. Then there's maybe 2 months of "winter" (autumn for the rest of y'all) then its... well... shitty again.

The pretty pics make me jealous. Hell, anywhere with trees instead of cactus makes me jealous!

Back
Top Bottom