Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

ha, i don't have a hollywood video around me anymore. we used to, but they closed. i don't know if there's any others in my town. i can finagle my way into getting an employee discount at blockbuster though when they're having their sales :shifty:

:up: i bought darjeeling (obvs) and superbad already, i might buy sunshine. i liked it in theaters. no country for old men i still haven't seen (i've gotten really lazy this year with seeing movies) so i'll probably rent it through netflix first. along with there will be blood, so i can be like a year too late for all the jokes/quotes everyone makes :wink:

Blockbuster's a good place, but I haven't seen them have a good deal with newer movies over a 2 for $20 before.

Superbad's 6 bucks on Netflix, I may bite on that. I'm worried Sunshine will suffer on my TV/shitty sound after the awesome theater experience. No Country and TWBB were the best I saw from all of last year - both were fucking brilliant.

LemonMelon said:
Was Cloverfield any good? It sounded incredibly pretentious to me.

I dug it. If you take it for what it is and ignore all of the hype/backlash, it's an entertaining monster movie flick told in a different kind of way.

Funny, since the term pretentious is usually stuck onto Wes Anderson's films. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Blockbuster's a good place, but I haven't seen them have a good deal with newer movies over a 2 for $20 before.

Superbad's 6 bucks on Netflix, I may bite on that. I'm worried Sunshine will suffer on my TV/shitty sound after the awesome theater experience. No Country and TWBB were the best I saw from all of last year - both were fucking brilliant.
yeah, i know what you mean. usually i only find movies that are used. but, it's good for the movies i have in the back of my mind filed in the "i'll get them one of these days" folder.

ooh, cool. have you ever bought a movie from netflix before? do you get the artwork and case and everything? and i definitely agree about sunshine. i have a plasma tv in my room, but it's not like i have a home theater system in my room (that would be a bit much for my bedroom, lol) so i don't know what it would sound like on my tv. i usually watch movies on my computer anyway, even though i have a dvd player hooked up to my tv.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I dug it. If you take it for what it is and ignore all of the hype/backlash, it's an entertaining monster movie flick told in a different kind of way.

Funny, since the term pretentious is usually stuck onto Wes Anderson's films. :wink:

I know very little about it beyond the hype. It just came across as "LOL I CANT HOLD A CAMERA STEADY I CAN HAS OSCAR???" to me.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i know what you mean. usually i only find movies that are used. but, it's good for the movies i have in the back of my mind filed in the "i'll get them one of these days" folder.

ooh, cool. have you ever bought a movie from netflix before? do you get the artwork and case and everything? and i definitely agree about sunshine. i have a plasma tv in my room, but it's not like i have a home theater system in my room (that would be a bit much for my bedroom, lol) so i don't know what it would sound like on my tv. i usually watch movies on my computer anyway, even though i have a dvd player hooked up to my tv.

I bought The Life Aquatic from Netflix, actually. It came in a regular DVD box and had artwork, but only came with the feature, no bonus disc - still Criterion though.

My TV isn't high-def, but for a standard-def TV, it's pretty awesome visually. The one speaker is a problem though.

LemonMelon said:

I know very little about it beyond the hype. It just came across as "LOL I CANT HOLD A CAMERA STEADY I CAN HAS OSCAR???" to me.

Oscar? :lol:

It never tries to be anything that it's not, just entertainment.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I bought The Life Aquatic from Netflix, actually. It came in a regular DVD box and had artwork, but only came with the feature, no bonus disc - still Criterion though.

My TV isn't high-def, but for a standard-def TV, it's pretty awesome visually. The one speaker is a problem though.
:hmm: i'll have to remember that in the future.

my old tv wasn't either, and it had a really good picture too. it was a flat screen. i don't miss having that huge thing in the back taking up all the room in my shelf thing.

If it gets under 10 bucks and you don't care about the bonus disc, I'd say go for it. Hollywood Video/Blockbuster used flicks do come with the extra disc though.

I'm off to do the homework I was supposed to do last night.

Enjoy The Life Aquatic, L-Mel and talk to you and Khan later. :wave:

LemonMacPhisto said:
If it gets under 10 bucks and you don't care about the bonus disc, I'd say go for it. Hollywood Video/Blockbuster used flicks do come with the extra disc though.
yeah, i'll probably only use netflix for dvds that are one disc to begin with. it's funny though, i rarely ever watch any of the extra features, yet i always insist on buying the most super duper deluxe 15 disc version of movies i really like. does this make me a retard zombie of the mpaa who buys whatever they put out and slap a sparkly sticker on? probably.

:wave: See ya LMP

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: i still haven't listened to the one you (i think it was you, wasn't it?) sent me. i probably will tonight though. and yeah, the covers are great :D

Man Who Sold The World is a great album, enjoy it. :up: Expect loud, searing rock from it, rather than Hunky Dory's singer/songwriter folk.

LemonMelon said:
Man Who Sold The World is a great album, enjoy it. :up: Expect loud, searing rock from it, rather than Hunky Dory's singer/songwriter folk.
:hmm: the only thing i've ever heard of his are the hits. well, and the albums ziggy stardust and let's dance. but everything else is just hits only. the stuff i remember hearing from that album i liked :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: the only thing i've ever heard of his are the hits. well, and the albums ziggy stardust and let's dance. but everything else is just hits only. the stuff i remember hearing from that album i liked :up:

I like weirder Bowie music, so the first few aren't much to my taste. I love his later work with Brian Eno. Still, the hits are great. I bought Best Of Bowie even after owning 8 or so other albums.

LemonMelon said:
I like weirder Bowie music, so the first few aren't much to my taste. I love his later work with Brian Eno. Still, the hits are great. I bought Best Of Bowie even after owning 8 or so other albums.
yeah, his first few are a bit too...hippie i guess? i love his eno work as well. i love anyone's eno work, it seems. even eno's eno work. :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, his first few are a bit too...hippie i guess? i love his eno work as well. i love anyone's eno work, it seems. even eno's eno work. :lol:

You're into Roxy Music too, right?

KhanadaRhodes said:

ooh, i'll have to watch the clip when i get home.

"There were those of us who were against building a doomsday machine. But we could no longer keep up the expense of the arms race, the space race, and the peace race. All the while, our people grumbled for more nylons and washing machines. The deciding factor was when we discovered that you were working on something similar, through our source...the New York Times."

KhanadaRhodes said:

:drool: your parents have good taste. i don't know if i'll ever get married, but if i did i have no clue what i'd want my wedding song to be.

Mine will probably be Paranoid Android or something.

This is why I don't intend on getting married at any point in the future.

LemonMelon said:
Mine will probably be Paranoid Android or something.

This is why I don't intend on getting married at any point in the future.
:lol: i've figured out what song i want played at my funeral though. i don't know if that's sad that i figured that out first or what.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i've figured out what song i want played at my funeral though. i don't know if that's sad that i figured that out first or what.

It's going to be Don't You (Forget About Me) most def. Fuck yes.

KhanadaRhodes said:

for me, it's even better than the real thing. played on the accordion and bagpipes.

Yeah, forget One or October. I want my funeral to be as enjoyable as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom