Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! You Pretty Things is out unless a savior comes to its rescue in the next 45 minutes.

Oh jeez. I've already voted for Queen Bitch.

Kooks is an alright song, but Oh! is loads better.

P-Funk, go for The Wall.

L-Mel sent me both, so I'm going for those tomorrow during my off day.

Tonight's busy starting in about an hour, so probably not tonight.

Oh! You Pretty Things is such a great track, better than both Changes and Kooks. Kooks bugs me.

phillyfan26 said:
Oh! You Pretty Things is such a great track, better than both Changes and Kooks. Kooks bugs me.

Kooks and Changes are both better than Oh! You Pretty Things, which has an entertaining chorus and that's about it. Queen Bitch is overrated too, but I'm glad it made it through.

The Changes backlash makes no sense at all to me.

coolian2 said:
I was wondering if my The Edge's voice signature would be acceptable if i added bright colours and italic text

:rolleyes: You actually expected an answer to that question?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Naw, just watch it and post your thoughts later.

All I could find was a streamable version that's going to take about 6 1/2 hours to load. The quality is good though.

LemonMelon said:

All I could find was a streamable version that's going to take about 6 1/2 hours to load. The quality is good though.

Whatever works.

LMP's slobbering over Wes Anderson is justified; the direction is fantastic. Script is OK, haven't laughed much so far.

LemonMelon said:
LMP's slobbering over Wes Anderson is justified; the direction is fantastic. Script is OK, haven't laughed much so far.

The script is fairly dry, even by WA standards. Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums are better films, but The Life Aquatic is my favorite. Bottle Rocket's a fun film, too.

I'm waiting for a used DVD sale to pick up Darjeeling. What a gorgeous film.

LemonMelon said:
i've not seen all of his movies, but the ones i have seen (and i'm spacing out on which movies he's directed; all i can remember is that, darjeeling, rushmore, and uhhh...royal tenenbaums) i loved.

what part are you at?

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've not seen all of his movies, but the ones i have seen (and i'm spacing out on which movies he's directed; all i can remember is that, darjeeling, rushmore, and uhhh...royal tenenbaums) i loved.

what part are you at?

I wanted to see Rushmore for the soundtrack, but now I want to see it for the direction as well.

I'm still pretty early in this, it could speed up.

I'VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY ELECTRIC JELLYFISH IN ALL MAH LIFE

LemonMelon said:
I wanted to see Rushmore for the soundtrack, but now I want to see it for the direction as well.

i've never seen rushmore :reject:

aww, i wish i wasn't at work, i'd watch it too :cute:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i got it for $20 :tongue:

with the way dvds always seem to cost these days i thought it was cheap :(

I usually wait about a month or two after it's released and for Hollywood video to pull a 3/4-movie deal for about 30 bucks. There Will Be Blood's the only new movie I've splurged on in about a year.

Sunshine, Darjeeling, No Country, and Superbad are all on the list right now. Possibly Cloverfield.

LemonMelon said:

It definitely speeds up once Cate Blanchett's introduced and they get onto the Belafonte, but don't expect a real fast-mover.

Klaus, if you touch me again, I'll kick your goddamn teeth out. Is that understood?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I usually wait about a month or two after it's released and for Hollywood video to pull a 3/4-movie deal for about 30 bucks. There Will Be Blood's the only new movie I've splurged on in about a year.

Sunshine, Darjeeling, No Country, and Superbad are all on the list right now. Possibly Cloverfield.
ha, i don't have a hollywood video around me anymore. we used to, but they closed. i don't know if there's any others in my town. i can finagle my way into getting an employee discount at blockbuster though when they're having their sales :shifty:

:up: i bought darjeeling (obvs) and superbad already, i might buy sunshine. i liked it in theaters. no country for old men i still haven't seen (i've gotten really lazy this year with seeing movies) so i'll probably rent it through netflix first. along with there will be blood, so i can be like a year too late for all the jokes/quotes everyone makes :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom