Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #826
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM


A closer study of the hill
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #827
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM


Note the unusual configuration of the light towers close to the playing surface.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #828
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM
And more to the point, the AFL/Aussie Rules goalposts up at the same time as the league goalposts.

I hadn't noticed that before!
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 AM   #829
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13
Rest assured, not everyone here is completely uncultured.


However, my mom did once ask me if Canada was near France. She's been to Canada. ...
Oh good heavens.

Though not everyone here is geographically aware. My friend once thought Texas was the capital of Mexico.

I had a really fucking hard time correcting him because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #830
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM
I don't know if i've posted this one before - Central Coast Stadium

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #831
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM
The colour pattern on the seats may seem random, but from the right angle it spells out 'Bears', the rugby league team that was supposedly destined for the Central Coast when the stadium was constructed.

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #832
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2


__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #833
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
To be fair, there are French people in Canada.

If you aren't paying attention, it is an easy mistake to make.
I just figured she knew France was in Europe, and you can't drive to Europe.


My mom is a special case though. I swear, I'm certain she used to be smarter. I'm beginning to think all the Valium she had to take in order to raise four children has had some effect on her brain.


The other day this happened:

Her: What are those yellow flowers all over the grass called?
Me: You mean dandilions?
Her: No, the yellow ones.
Me: ...dandilions.
Her: I thought dandilions were those white things you blow the seeds off of.
Me: They are... they start off yellow then they turn white like that.


*facepalm* I thought every six year old knew that!
__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #834
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I had a really fucking hard time correcting him because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.
You didn't inhale any jelly, did you?
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #835
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM


Great little stadium.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #836
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
The colour pattern on the seats may seem random, but from the right angle it spells out 'Bears', the rugby league team that was supposedly destined for the Central Coast when the stadium was constructed.
They never bothered to fix that?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #837
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13


I just figured she knew France was in Europe, and you can't drive to Europe.


My mom is a special case though. I swear, I'm certain she used to be smarter. I'm beginning to think all the Valium she had to take in order to raise four children has had some effect on her brain.


The other day this happened:

Her: What are those yellow flowers all over the grass called?
Me: You mean dandilions?
Her: No, the yellow ones.
Me: ...dandilions.
Her: I thought dandilions were those white things you blow the seeds off of.
Me: They are... they start off yellow then they turn white like that.


*facepalm* I thought every six year old knew that!
I didn't know that.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #838
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,016
Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

You didn't inhale any jelly, did you?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #839
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


They never bothered to fix that?
Not even when they loaned out some of the seats to EnergyAustralia Stadium in Newcastle when their new grandstand was finished but not all of the seats had come in from the supplier.

Mind you, i think they're still trying to get a team.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #840
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 06:36 PM
I know it's a plane, but it's a cool photo.

__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com