Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #436
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier; I fully intend on doing a U2 cartoon where a member of the band (haven't chosen yet, probably Larry), joins the Desert Island competition. Not sure where to take this without it getting vitriolic, but it's a great idea, and people LOVE the episodes that directly reference the forum.
Forget the vitriol, and make it a comedy. It'll be more fun to write.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #437
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

What poppy obscure Kiwi artists are we talking here? The Chills, Able Tasmans, The Clean, Headless Chickens, Goblin Mix, etc., or are you not into the Dunedin Sound/Flying Nun scene?
None of that, at this stage, i'm afraid.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 AM   #438
The Male

Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar

Forget the vitriol, and make it a comedy. It'll be more fun to write.
All of the cartoons are a tad acidic, but that's part of the fun. Outside of the few stick-up-their-ass types, DI is great fun for me. The idea of all of the abuse being tossed on an anonymous member of U2 is great though.

Now.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:32 AM   #439
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

None of that, at this stage, i'm afraid.
Oh, shame, because if you're doing something rather non-serious, Evil Barbeque by Able Tasmans would be absolutely ideal.

That song cracks me up every time. It shouldn't be my favourite track on A Cuppa Tea And A Lie Down but it is anyway. That evil, evil barbecue!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #440
Vocal parasite

Quote:

All of the cartoons are a tad acidic, but that's part of the fun. Outside of the few stick-up-their-ass types, DI is great fun for me. The idea of all of the abuse being tossed on an anonymous member of U2 is great though.
I hope my support of your DI V submission means I'm not one of those with a stick up their arse ... any more.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #441
The Male

Sometimes I wonder what the worst flow of all time would sound like, or if that would even be possible to achieve. Maybe I can fit a Monty Python routine onto Larry's list. Everyone who does DI for the first time takes it literally, so it could work like that.

Now.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:36 AM   #442
The Male

Quote:

I hope my support of your DI V submission means I'm not one of those with a stick up their arse ... any more.
Honestly, Axver, you've gained a lot of respect in my eyes by the way you've handled the whole Fake List idea. Others would have been insulted, but you've taken it a step further and actually stuck your neck out for me, which I appreciate.

Now.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:37 AM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Oh, shame, because if you're doing something rather non-serious, Evil Barbeque by Able Tasmans would be absolutely ideal.

That song cracks me up every time. It shouldn't be my favourite track on A Cuppa Tea And A Lie Down but it is anyway. That evil, evil barbecue!
I just remembered Graeme Hill (aka Graeme Humphreys) is in the Able Tasmans. I love him. I'll have to get some of their stuff.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #444
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder what the worst flow of all time would sound like, or if that would even be possible to achieve. Maybe I can fit a Monty Python routine onto Larry's list. Everyone who does DI for the first time takes it literally, so it could work like that.
All That You Can't Leave Behind.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #445
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Honestly, Axver, you've gained a lot of respect in my eyes by the way you've handled the whole Fake List idea. Others would have been insulted, but you've taken it a step further and actually stuck your neck out for me, which I appreciate.
Just root him already.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 AM   #446
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I should also note i have a sneaky suspicion mine will be stuck between serious and non-serious.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:41 AM   #447
The Male

Quote:

Just root him already.
Bah, you just wrote a few comments that vaguely bashed Screwtape's idea of what DI should be. Next time, write a fucking book about it and you'll get a kind word or two.

Now.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:41 AM   #448
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I just remembered Graeme Hill (aka Graeme Humphreys) is in the Able Tasmans. I love him. I'll have to get some of their stuff.
Oh, you should. A Cuppa Tea And A Lie Down is their best-known and has some great tracks, but Hey, Spinner! is even better in terms of the actual quality of music - they really matured by then, though it meant the loss of Evil Barbeque-ish tracks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-22-2008, 03:43 AM   #449
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I think it's a bloody fantastic idea. It both takes the piss out of the game and actually sounds like it's going to have some interesting music - that you've taken the time to make yourself! I frankly think it's one of the best ideas anyone's had, and you're putting more effort into it than I think anybody's put into a DI list before.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-22-2008, 03:44 AM   #450
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Bah, you just wrote a few comments that vaguely bashed Screwtape's idea of what DI should be. Next time, write a fucking book about it and you'll get a kind word or two.
I wasn't looking for praise, i was just out to troll a bit.

Perhaps i have a subject for my novel now!

Tags
superthread