Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:
And speaking of lava flows...

P8120090sml.jpg

:drool:

Go on, nerd it up, tell us all about its geological origins or omething. I know you want to! :wink:

Alisaura said:

You might as well, I haven't touched the bass in about a month. :reject:

Not teh computorzz!!!one1!! :no: :yikes: :scream:

I'm going. Any minute now. I swear...

holiday picture spam :drool:

I know what we need to do to get you playing the bass: book a gig for Phail.

And I bet you'll still be here in half an hour. :wink:

Axver said:
:lol: I don't recall there being a cane train carrying passengers being operational when I visited Bundaberg, unfortunately. :( Some freight running around but that was it. I know the train at the Big Pineapple is inspired by cane trains, though.

But the Big Pineapple sucks. It's wildly overpriced and all of my family found it a really dull place.
I think it must have been that one, cos we went to the Big Pineapple too... :yes:

Alisaura said:

I think it must have been that one, cos we went to the Big Pineapple too... :yes:

When we hit the Big Pineapple in the late nineties, it was almost farcical. The food was poorly prepared and very expensive, and some of the attractions were a joke. There was some boat thing that was meant to provide automated commentary as you passed various items of interest, but all the boats were muddled up, so we'd get part of what was meant for us, overlaid with part of what was meant for the boat following us or whatever. Nobody had a good time and we were glad to go home!

Axver said:
I never got around to going to an Outback Steakhouse, but it sounds like it really brings the lulz. I hear they don't even actually offer anything involving kangaroo meat. Come ON.
Nope. And the Toowoomba Pasta has SEAFOOD in it. :lmao:

I told our waiter they should get some 'roo or emu on the menu... and then I told him that we say "mushies" if we want to abbreviate "mushrooms", rather than "shrooms"... he thought we were as amusing as we thought that place was, I'm sure. :giggle:

I'll see if I can remember to bring the menu on Friday, or some other day...

Alisaura said:

Nope. And the Toowoomba Pasta has SEAFOOD in it. :lmao:

I told our waiter they should get some 'roo or emu on the menu... and then I told him that we say "mushies" if we want to abbreviate "mushrooms", rather than "shrooms"... he thought we were as amusing as we thought that place was, I'm sure. :giggle:

I'll see if I can remember to bring the menu on Friday, or some other day...

Toowoomba ... seafood?! :lmao: I should tell that to my friend who goes to uni in Toowoomba. Good heavens, would it be that hard to choose a coastal town like Mooloolaba?

Haha, they abbreviate it as "shrooms"? That's too funny. And it's just a bit farcical that they don't actually have kangaroo or emu on the menu. I suppose it's meant to be gimmicky and all, but I can't say I'd find it hard to get some 'roo or emu here, so it shouldn't be THAT hard for them either.

Though I suppose your average American might think "OH NO KANGAROO I CAN'T EAT THAT! Aren't they endangered?" No. They're tasty.

coolian2 said:
Zzzzzzz.

This getting up for cricket may be a bad idea

:wave:

Oh, shit, I think I've missed the start of the broadcast.

Goddamnit, I need to go to bed soon too.

Axver said:
Go on, nerd it up, tell us all about its geological origins or omething. I know you want to! :wink:
Well, that particular lava flow was from some time in the 70s, I think, and is an example of a low-viscosity pahoehoe type of basalt....

This, to compare, is an example of a roughly contemporaneous a'a (high viscosity) flow...
P1000296sml.jpg

And I never expected this... apparently (relatively) new lava can have these beautiful iridescent colours in the vesicles...
P1000300sml.jpg

coolian2 said:
And thanks, i'm thinking of changing it again but i don't really want to be banned.

Your signature is still not acceptable. If you want to continue to mock other posters this way, your signature will be suspended.

Axver said:
I know what we need to do to get you playing the bass: book a gig for Phail.

And I bet you'll still be here in half an hour. :wink:
Wouldn't that be an incentive to NOT practice, if we really want to phail?

And how much? :p

*looks at clock* ... :uhoh:

Axver said:
When we hit the Big Pineapple in the late nineties, it was almost farcical. The food was poorly prepared and very expensive, and some of the attractions were a joke. There was some boat thing that was meant to provide automated commentary as you passed various items of interest, but all the boats were muddled up, so we'd get part of what was meant for us, overlaid with part of what was meant for the boat following us or whatever. Nobody had a good time and we were glad to go home!
I have no memory of it other than it was big and pineappley.

Alisaura said:

Wouldn't that be an incentive to NOT practice, if we really want to phail?

And how much? :p

*looks at clock* ... :uhoh:

I said play, not practice. :wink:

Haha, it seems I've just about won on the half hour bet. Should've specified a dollar figure. :wink:

unico said:
the only thing i can have at an outback is a salad and a bloomin onion. it is a steakhouse after all ;)
True.... :wink:

I went to an American themed restaurant in this little English town, and a Australian themed one in Hawaii... :giggle:

Axver said:
Though I suppose your average American might think "OH NO KANGAROO I CAN'T EAT THAT! Aren't they endangered?" No. They're tasty.
Very tasty.

And there are emu farms in America... one of my friends in Georgia said she saw an escapee from such a farm running around in a field near her house. That must have been bizarre... she has a gum tree in her yard too! :lol:

I have got to get out of here....

Alisaura said:

Well, that particular lava flow was from some time in the 70s, I think, and is an example of a low-viscosity pahoehoe type of basalt....

This, to compare, is an example of a roughly contemporaneous a'a (high viscosity) flow...

See, now don't you feel better for nerding it up? :wink:

Complete with your equivalent of those nerdy photos of me with trains/trams! :up:

And I never expected this... apparently (relatively) new lava can have these beautiful iridescent colours in the vesicles...

Now that looks pretty neat.

Alisaura said:

Very tasty.

And there are emu farms in America... one of my friends in Georgia said she saw an escapee from such a farm running around in a field near her house. That must have been bizarre... she has a gum tree in her yard too! :lol:

:lmao: That would've been hilarious.

Yeah, I think I've won the half hour bet! And you're going to be even MORE sleep deprived.

Better late than never...

Axver 253
LemonMelon 117
the tourist 110
phillyfan26 94
Alisaura 75
coolian2 61
mysterious_jen 51
LemonMacPhisto 42
KhanadaRhodes 39
Varitek 29
Galeongirl 25
TranceEnding 20
bono_man2002 17
unico 14
phanan 11
gluey 9
major_panic 9
Screwtape2 6
bono_212 6
DreamOutLoud13 5
Diemen 5
The Sad Punk 3
Sicy 1
Irishteen 1

coolian2 said:

I don't think you're missing a lot.

What's the score on your broadcast? I don't know if we have the same delay ...

Alisaura said:

Very tasty.

:laugh:

I think we have emu farms here too. It would explain Emu Farm Road out near Pukekohe

Alisaura said:
Better late than never...

Axver 253
LemonMelon 117
the tourist 110
phillyfan26 94
Alisaura 75
coolian2 61
mysterious_jen 51
LemonMacPhisto 42
KhanadaRhodes 39
Varitek 29
Galeongirl 25
TranceEnding 20
bono_man2002 17
unico 14
phanan 11
gluey 9
major_panic 9
Screwtape2 6
bono_212 6
DreamOutLoud13 5
Diemen 5
The Sad Punk 3
Sicy 1
Irishteen 1

Glad someone remembered! :lol:

And wow, I really postwhored it up again. :ohmy:

Good showing by LM too. Appropriate that we dug up that pic at the end ...

Alisaura said:

Dammit. Somehow this is all your fault. :madwife:

Seeya folks :wave:

Oh, nice, blame me for your lack of self-control! :laugh:

Have a good night! :wave:

coolian2 said:

Mine's live apparently, if you really want to know....

84/4 after 10.2 overs

Mine must apparently be live then too. 4/85 after 10.5. Shocking drop by Lehmann just then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom