Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Easy there. You won't actually compete with it. It will be a funny joke but you can't use it for real.

I'll probably wuss out and just use the first paragraph, but the story will be posted in my journal for future generations. :up:

Screwtape2 said:

Easy there. You won't actually compete with it. It will be a funny joke but you can't use it for real.

Except for the part where I say he can. It meets all the rules.

Screwtape2 said:

The songs aren't real.

Yes they are - or they will be.

The only requirement is that they be officially released - and that has included MySpace releases. Pure Reason Revolution's Victorious Cupid has been used. Once he puts the songs on MySpace, it meets the rules and it's in.

Axver said:

Yes they are - or they will be.

The only requirement is that they be officially released - and that has included MySpace releases. Pure Reason Revolution's Victorious Cupid has been used. Once he puts the songs on MySpace, it meets the rules and it's in.

The artists aren't real though. I will oppose this.

Screwtape2 said:

It's created by human beings, for human beings. :wink: It's all very real, and the artists are entirely legit. How more legit can you get than having the songs available for purchase on myspace?

Screwtape2 said:

Too bad. I wrote the rules, so I think I know what I meant when I wrote them, and this meets both letter and spirit of them.

And by your logic, we better disqualify every Porcupine Tree song, and in fact anything involving Steven Wilson. After all, Porcupine Tree began as a joke band - astonishingly similar to this scenario, actually. Every release up to Up The Downstair was Steven Wilson taking the piss, making music to accompany the legend of a mythical seventies prog band he created. He never expected Porcupine Tree to become what it is today.

Axver said:

Too bad. I wrote the rules, so I think I know what I meant when I wrote them, and this meets both letter and spirit of them.

And by your logic, we better disqualify every Porcupine Tree song, and in fact anything involving Steven Wilson. After all, Porcupine Tree began as a joke band - astonishingly similar to this scenario, actually. Every release up to Up The Downstair was Steven Wilson taking the piss, making music to accompany the legend of a mythical seventies prog band he created. He never expected Porcupine Tree to become what it is today.

Exactly. And wouldn't it be surreal if one of these songs were to inadvertently become a hit on myspace? :laugh:

I don't care if I have to make an EP for each one of these artists and make it available for purchase. I'll do it.

LemonMelon said:

Exactly. And wouldn't it be surreal if one of these songs were to inadvertently become a hit on myspace? :laugh:

I don't care if I have to make an EP for each one of these artists and make it available for purchase. I'll do it.

:lol: I just about added a sentence along the lines of "who knows where LM could go with this"!

EPs would be awesome, especially for the first two bands.

And now I must run off to uni as I'm late already. See you folk in three hours. :wave:

Axver said:

Well you are wrong. I will not let LemonMelon's entry compete. Last time I checked Phanan and I were running it not you. When that happened the rules became a matter of what we believed them to mean. It is up to Phanan and I. Not you.

Axver said:

:lol: I just about added a sentence along the lines of "who knows where LM could go with this"!

EPs would be awesome, especially for the first two bands.

And now I must run off to uni as I'm late already. See you folk in three hours. :wave:

:lmao: I knew you'd like the EP idea. That would solve the issue of what songs to put on the band's player.

:wave:

Screwtape2 said:

Well you are wrong. I will not let LemonMelon's entry compete. Last time I checked Phanan and I were running it not you. When that happened the rules became a matter of what we believed them to mean. It is up to Phanan and I. Not you.

But you're not running the competition anymore. You gave up that responsibility when you quit the forum a month ago. :scratch:

Popping in for a second:

What's the harm in letting his list in? It'll put some fun into what's turning into a super-serious competition. Don't get me wrong, I love being a part of it, but there's nothing wrong with a joke.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Popping in for a second:

What's the harm in letting his list in? It'll put some fun into what's turning into a super-serious competition. Don't get me wrong, I love being a part of it, but there's nothing wrong with a joke.

Because it is against the rules. I think pretending that is his list until everyone gives it a listen is fine. After that he has to have a serious playlist to compete.

therewillbebloodteaserposter.jpg

Screwtape2 said:

Because it is against the rules. I think pretending that is his list until everyone gives it a listen is fine. After that he has to have a serious playlist to compete.

I would presume that the state of mind involved in submitting the list, whether it be deadly serious or otherwise is irrelevant.

Screwtape2 said:

What if it has good flow, cohesion, and lacks greatest hits?

I have no further comment, as no more can be said at this juncture. I will say, however, that you will let me into that tournament, and you won't even think twice about it when the time comes. :)

But thanks for the input, Screwtape. Always appreciated. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
I have no further comment, as no more can be said at this juncture. I will say, however, that you will let me into that tournament, and you won't even think twice about it when the time comes. :)

But thanks for the input, Screwtape. Always appreciated. :wink:

Laugh now but you are not getting into the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom